SASS Wire Forum

Date Change 2016 Ambush at Cavern Cove

Barkeep Casey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skillet I know you have dirt on me to put out there... but heres my two cents. I'm agreeing with Barkeep and Kajun. I saw the video myself and it was a very touching cermony. I believe it would be in y'all best interest to rekindler that old spark and renew y'all vows. I'll make sure to be there in my best Duds. Your old buddy "Bare Butt".

Skillet I know you have dirt on me to put out there... but heres my two cents. I'm agreeing with Barkeep and Kajun. I saw the video myself and it was a very touching cermony. I believe it would be in y'all best interest to rekindler that old spark and renew y'all vows. I'll make sure to be there in my best Duds. Your old buddy "Bare Butt".

That's ok Skittles....we don't need any video on this one... :D:D

Kajun

Barkeep, seems to me like this topic kinda took a left turn from the original intent :D:D

Kajun

You are right about that. But we are talking about a bunch of people getting together in Alabama with shotguns.

Someone is getting married!

Capt'n Bill i believe yore right or they keep hoping to meet her twin sister. :lol::lol:

Yep Kajun the last part of this thread has gone south in a hurry. :o

Cullen you know i would'nt spread any rumors i make up. BTW hows the chaps fit??? (still got the thongs waiting fer ya) :D:D:P

Now back to the main TOPIC:You fellers spread the word Labor Day Weekend 2016, There's gonna be a BIG OL PARTY. Ambush @ Cavern Cove 20th anniversary.Ya don't want to miss this one.You never know who might show up.

Let the trash talk'n begin,Who's shooting what and who's a whooping up on who.......... LSC { hows dat Kajun }

Barkeep Ohhhhh!!!!! Heck no That ain't happening again.......

Hey, Barkeep! Max & Ophelia Payne will be there... again! And, save me a camping spot. This'll be the 3rd year for us to camp on the range.

M.T. We will be using a compilation of the favorite stages of Ambush over the past 20 years. It will be lots of fun! I am not sure if the mystery stage will make the cut. It was before my time with the club and I personally have never shot it, but it has the reputation of one of those stages that people either loved or hated.

Have always heard how great the Ambush is and want to come however, we will be at the Virginia State Championship that same weekend. We will have to catch up with y'all at Black Gold, TN State, and Gunfight in Dixie! I've no doubt the 20th anniversary will be one for the record books (or...Library of Congress, Kajun).😘

Scarlett

Have always heard how great the Ambush is and want to come however, we will be at the Virginia State Championship that same weekend. We will have to catch up with y'all at Black Gold, TN State, and Gunfight in Dixie! I've no doubt the 20th anniversary will be one for the record books (or...Library of CKongress, Kajun).

Scarlett

I fixed it fer ya Scarlett :P

Kajun

I just got back from taking my new Winnebago out for a shake down camping trip. Absolutely nothing went wrong. I am amazed.

I'm ready for Ambush now.

After the Winnebago House Party we are fixing to have in September, something is probably going to need to get fixed. :-) Congrat's buddy!

Fortunately, it will still be under warranty and fully insured. I'm ready. Now we just need to get hold of the guy who has the weedeater margaretta mixer.

That'd be Tennessee Tombstone

Well if T.T. won't loan it out or bring it with him, we could always drink them....... On the rocks (ducking for cover now)

• 1 month later...

I have never heard of an RV shakedown trip where bad stuff didn't happen. Ophelia & I are very old & have owned lots of RV's. I have lots & lots & lots of stories about shakedown trips. Lots.

And, I think RV's are a lot like chainsaws. If they're going to work right, you have to get to know each other pretty well. If you have a chainsaw (or an RV), you know what I mean.

I have never heard of an RV shakedown trip where bad stuff didn't happen. Ophelia & I are very old & have owned lots of RV's. I have lots & lots & lots of stories about shakedown trips. Lots.

And, I think RV's are a lot like chainsaws. If they're going to work right, you have to get to know each other pretty well. If you have a chainsaw (or an RV), you know what I mean.

And that's why I carry about 100 lbs of tools with me. I haven't had to use them yet, but I'm ready.

Count my renewed,rebuilt, repaired and bionic self in.

I will officially crash through the $1M dollar man threshold this Monday. 13 surgeries will do that !!

Had a ball this year but was broken also made a significant mistake of signing up for Cowboy class. Tator and Sidekick thought it funny as well !

I gladly bow to your higher number. You had a ridiculously bad time there forever. Months in the hospital is the worst. Glad to hear u r getting that bum knee replaced

Look forward to seeing you again, say hi to Yazoo

• 6 months later...

Why are the dinner and awards so late on Sunday for this match? We have shot this match for many years now and have never had to wait this long for the awards. This will call for another night stay in the hotel to stay for the awards and dinner. :unsure:

Cheatin'

I'm guessing that because Monday is Labor Day, that most people would be off and able to travel that day. They just shifted the match a day to take advantage of the holiday. We'll be staying Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights on the range.

Why are the dinner and awards so late on Sunday for this match? We have shot this match for many years now and have never had to wait this long for the awards. This will call for another night stay in the hotel to stay for the awards and dinner. :unsure:

Cheatin'

Cheatin,

We are staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We always stay over. We can go out to dinner.

Cheatin'

The idea is to give everybody a chance to relax, get the awards and have some fun.

Is there going to be a vendor at the match that sells shot? Lone Wolf used to vend and I'd get some from them but I heard they sold the business.

Kajun

Pards send in applications by or before August 1st.

This last weekend we had a practice run for the posse shoot.

We strung up a cowboy with a right proper noose and then shot the rope. We did have a bit of a problem finding volunteers while walking around with a rope tied into a hangmans noose.

We also got some strange looks at the hardware store when we asked for rope.

Me; I need some rope.

Clerk; right over here sir. What kind of rope do need?

Me; 1 inch Manila rope.

Clerk; what are going to use it for? (He took the bait)

Me; A right proper hanging.

Clerk; awkward silence. Um....

Me; well we are going to use it for a target.

Clerk; I thought you was going to hang somebody.

Me; We are but we are going to shoot the rope in two.

Clerk; Um...

Me; Well we are going to hang a target and then shoot the rope.

The clerk has a relieved look on his face.

We did this at 3 different stores before we found the rope. We invited one clerk to the hanging and he was all in as long he wasn't getting hanged or shot.

Archived