SASS Wire Forum

apple computer help needed

Trigger Mike

my apple computer froze solid. It has been on for hours, still shows 97% of the battery and mouse does not move and it does not shut off if you close it. Is there a way to reboot? with Microsoft you can disconnect the battery but theirs the battery must be internal.

IT WORKED! thanks. what caused it to do that?

No clue. I do not own any Apple products; I just Googled the symptoms and posted what I found.

Suspect that one of the applications crashed or you may have gotten some malware or a virus. Be sure you run antivirus/malware scanning tools just in case it is still on your system.

I have a couple of PCs that occasionally do something similar. On the PC it only takes 10 seconds to force a power off. Apple OS really doesn't like being forced to power down but then again neither do MS OSs.

My MACBook freezes up sometimes if I have too many apps going at once. The power button reboot is quick and easy.

I also delete the browser history (Safari-History [at the top of the screen next to 'Bookmarks']-Clear History at the bottom of the menu list), and erase cookies (Safari-Preferences-Privacy Tab) if things seem slow.

No clue. I do not own any Apple products; I just Googled the symptoms and posted what I found.

Suspect that one of the applications crashed or you may have gotten some malware or a virus. Be sure you run antivirus/malware scanning tools just in case it is still on your system.

I have a couple of PCs that occasionally do something similar. On the PC it only takes 10 seconds to force a power off. Apple OS really doesn't like being forced to power down but then again neither do MS OSs.

It is due to the immense size of the operating system..... with that much code and multiple tasks and multiple applications running there will be a conflict at times.

Usually happens after a software update, that's why I never select automatic updates on my Mac. I will check for trouble before I update anything. The latest trouble I had was with the newest Adobe flash update. Had to remove the program and reinstall again before it worked without freezing the 'puter.

Also what Trigger Mike said holds true....

JJJ-D

I clear my history everyday when I shut my computer off. I also delete as many emails as I can and empty the trash on a regular basis. I don't know if this helps or not but I never have a problem with this I-MaC. I use it maybe 2 hours a day.

Archived