SASS Wire Forum

Latest finds and acquisitions!

Dorado

So, I managed to scrounge up a few WWII items that I've been looking for this weekend. Here's a couple of pictures.

IMG_1740_zpsdju2bx5l.jpg

and a better look at the smaller stuff.

IMG_1741_zps8yerkvsk.jpg

Totaled out to $80. More than what I wanted to spend but I couldn't resist.

Shovel is dated 1943 on both the cover and shovel.

Stove is stamped U.S. C.M. MFG. CO. 1945. Seems complete and everything moves freely so I think I can restore it and get it working properly.

Don't know much about the cigarettes. I think they're the ones added in K-ration boxes.

I'm gonna have to stop looking for this stuff. I can't resist it.

Bet those Pall Malls would burn like cannon fuses. :)

Well you're welcome to try them if you want to. I'm not. If they are out of a K-rat box then I'm going to put them in a display case with more ration items.

Nice, especially the Pall Mall pack. I collect those from WW2 ration packs, and also those marked with the no tax stamps. They add to the helmet displays. Pall Mall I haven't found yet. I thought the Chesterfields were scarce, took me several years to find that one. MT

Nice find. Not bad for under a hundred bucks.

Who's the enbloc clip maker? Those are getting pretty collectible.

HUH, I didn't know Pall Mall cigarettes were around during WWII. I thought that they came out in the early 1950s.

But what the heck do I know. I was just a lad of 7 when the war was over.

ED: MY MISTAKE. Pall Mall was first introduced in England in 1899. It was sold to

a company in the US in 1907. It reached it's popularity in the 1950s and 1960s.

That is what led me astray.

Nice, especially the Pall Mall pack. I collect those from WW2 ration packs, and also those marked with the no tax stamps. They add to the helmet displays. Pall Mall I haven't found yet. I thought the Chesterfields were scarce, took me several years to find that one. MT

I've been looking around and can't seem to find if these were K-ration or not. I think they are though as they match a Marlboro box I've seen.

Does the field stove work or come with an instruction book? I have my dad's and would love to get it working again.

I don't think it works. Everything moves freely including the pump. I need a seal for the filler cap before I try to light it. I really hope it works. The side is stamped US 1945 AMERICAN. No instruction book, there are however plates with instructions riveted on the sides.

Interesting that they put foot powder right up there with bore cleaner (Can Size)....I guess the rifle will not do much good if can't get it there...

TL

Yeah but you also use more foot powder than gun cleaner in a day. Can says use once or twice a day. Bore cleaner would be used a bit less.

I'm also looking for the 2oz oil can that accompanies the bore cleaner. It's designed to fit in the cartridge belt.

Nice find. Not bad for under a hundred bucks.

I thought so too.

Who's the enbloc clip maker? Those are getting pretty collectible.

It's stamped D A Q. Does that mean anything to you? I'll be headed to a different toy store today and see if I can't get some more.

I've been looking around and can't seem to find if these were K-ration or not. I think they are though as they match a Marlboro box I've seen.

I don't think it works. Everything moves freely including the pump. I need a seal for the filler cap before I try to light it. I really hope it works. The side is stamped US 1945 AMERICAN. No instruction book, there are however plates with instructions riveted on the sides.

Yeah but you also use more foot powder than gun cleaner in a day. Can says use once or twice a day. Bore cleaner would be used a bit less.

I'm also looking for the 2oz oil can that accompanies the bore cleaner. It's designed to fit in the cartridge belt.

I thought so too.

It's stamped D A Q. Does that mean anything to you? I'll be headed to a different toy store today and see if I can't get some more.

Not a US one. Dominion Arsenal Quebec

US Clips

AEC 3 - Aggressive Engineering Corp (Commercial) Anaheim, CA

AGE 1 AGE 2 - Aggressive Engineering Corp (Millitary contract late 1980's, last USGI Clip run) Anaheim, CA (Post War)

CMP 3 - Aggressive Engineering Corp (New commercial run for CMP)

AMP 1 - All Metal Products Wyandotte, MI (WW2)

BLM - Barry L Miller Eng Inc Irvine, CA (WW2)

B-W (with or without additional number 1-7) - Borg Warner (WW2) Spring Division,Bellwood, IL

BR-W - Borg Warner Spring Division,Bellwood, IL (Post War) (**Markings also have a single digit 1 through 7 which denoted what press number clips were made on)

C (C* also)- Lerio Patent Cup Co. Mobile, AL (WW2)

fB fC fD fE fF - Fedders Mfg Buffalo, NY (WW2)

IS - International Silver Meriden, CT (WW2)(**Markings also have a single digit 1 through 3 which denoted what press number clips were made on)

NW - Northwest Metal Seattle, WA (WW2)

S - Stanley Works (or SW) New Britain, CT (WW2)

Blank - Springfield Armory Springfield, MA (Thought to be early SA)

SA (Large Letters) - Springfield Armory, Springfield, MA (WW2)

SA (Small Letters) - Springfield Armory, Springfield, MA. Use started 1943 through 50's. Variations include; SA, SA dash over, SA dash over and under, SA dash under.

W3 W4 W5 W6 - R Wallace & Sons Wallingford, CT (WW2)

WEP WEP1 WEP2 WEP3 WEP4 WEP5- Wade Electric Products Sturgis, MI (WW2)

WRA - Winchester Repeating Arms New Haven, CT (WW2)

O - WRA Educational - Winchester Repeating Arms New Haven, CT (notches are cutout not stamped in) (WW2)

WRA - WRA Eductional - Winchester Repeating Arms New Haven, CT (notches are cutout not stamped in) (WW2)

Danly (stamped on side of clip) - Danly Machine Co (Chicago, Il)

NON US Clips:

TF&S - Thomas French & Co (Manchester, England)

MAS - Manfacture D"Armes St Etienne (St.Etienne, France)

S.F. - Serini France

MFT - Metaalwaren Fabrik Tiburg (Tiburg Netherlands)

DAQ - Dominion Arsenal Quebec Quebec

HA - Haerens Ammunitions Arsenal Copenhagen, Denmark

5mm hole. - Austrian

JMO (with 2 Digit Date) - Julius Maurer Oberstein, Germany

L&H (with 2 Digit Date) - Italian

IMI - Israel Military Industries Ramat Hasharon, Israel

MBZ - Murik & Ball Zeist Netherlands

58 - Nationalist China

Oh man, Thanks Bob. That's a huge help! I'll be printing that off when I go look at the others.

Guest Grass Range #51406

Cigs were in C- rats also. The bore cleaner was the real thing for cleaning after shooting corrosive primer ammo

Ok. I had to drop some things off at the Goodwill but I managed to get to the toy store and I picked up nine enlboc clips. I have two without stamps so that means early Springfield Armory according to what UB posted, I have two SA stamped, three AEC3, and two B-W stamped. They had a few Italian, a French and a few chinese. I tried to pick out only the US manufactured clips. Also picked up a three pouch grenade carrier. I know they weren't that common but it was tossed in and got the lot for $20, so I'm not complaining. Doubt I'd ever hook it up, but makes a good display piece at any rate.

Got my windshield for my jeep back today. Guy couldn't make it work right but made it fit. Didn't charge me for it as it wasn't up to his normal quality level. I think I need a new frame for it. Mine's kinda rusted out a bit. I tried to patch it up but I don't think it worked out completely. Oh well, looks good enough for now.

Archived