SASS Wire Forum

a new phopah....

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

I've gotten to a shoot and forgot ammos,, leather, pistols,,, etc.

today I pulled rifle case, yup rifle. check

pulled shotgun case, rifle,,,, what??? rifle,,,, yup no shotgun!!

good thing this is CAS!!! Coffeepot gladly offered his for me to use.

You gotta love this game!!!

I constantly think about that Mr. Culpepper. The amount of good folks in our game is truly a great thing.

The most help I've had over the last year in improving my game has come from the folks in my own category. ^_^

Truly the "cowboy way". ;)

catastrophic screw up in any other shooting sport is just a chance for a pard to save the day in this one.

I have no doubt that if coffeepot had not been there, there would have been another step forward.

name me another sport where something like that can happen. I DARE you!

I once forgot my pistols but true to the cowboy way, there was at least 5 others who offered me their guns and ammo!! :)

I showed up without leather one time after that I pack everything the night prior may load up everything except guns in the truck the night prior thr guns are loaded first thing in the morning ing and I double check the other gear to make sure everything made it to the truck.

I have a list on my computer and before every match I print it out and check off every item that I put in the car. This way I don't forget anything.

How about showing up to the range on the wrong weekend to shoot?

Love getting older

cr

Cowtown used to do Wildbunch on the first Sat, and Cowboy on the first Sunday and 3rd Sat. I showed up on the wrong day, unpacked my car, put on my 6 shooters, and was totally confused when they asked if I was shooting traditional or modern......

I saw the thread title and wondered whether a phopah was anything like the Grand Poobah of the water bullalo lodge.

I think you mean "faux pas", literally "false step", a social misstep causing embarrassment. Did I get it right, Crazy Kajun?

I saw the thread title and wondered whether a phopah was anything like the Grand Poobah of the water bullalo lodge.

I think you mean "faux pas", literally "false step", a social misstep causing embarrassment. Did I get it right, Crazy Kajun?

You got the rest of it right but you kain't spell Krazy worth a Krap. :lol:

BTW: Grand PooBah was the first thing that came to my mind too. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Yup Cowboys are the Best !!!

Don't much matter which side of the 49th. they is from... or which shore they is from ...

Jabez Cowboy

actually the whole posse offered... almost told them to just put one on the table and surprise me...

You sure the whole posse wasn't PULLING them shotguns on you?

Kaya would have offered her 20 gauge and I would have offered the 12 gauge ammo to go with it!

How about showing up to the range on the wrong weekend to shoot?

Love getting older

cr

Yep, done that! Showed up a week early once!

:blink::unsure::wacko:

I've learned to do better at counting the Saturday's in a month.

A new category, surprise shotgun,,,,, a sg put on stage without you knowing what kind....

A new category, surprise shotgun,,,,, a sg put on stage without you knowing what kind....

Buckshot Frank is our expert on new categories. We will see if he can work that new category in for you..... :lol:

CB

I'm getting to the advanced stage of CRS. Mary runs through a list of essential items as we head out - billfold, glasses, phone, keys.

I usually start accumulating "stuff" for match days in advance and load truck with cart and such the evening before. We normally don't take extra guns but have learned to take double ammo so we can backup for each other or loan guns/ammo to others. I load all ammo in one big roasting pan for transport. Makes it easy to check things off. I load each set of guns into a tactical soft case so it's easier to keep track of. Then on match morning I load gun cases, leather hats, etc and we're ready to roll. Then Mary and I do walk around and I point out what I've loaded.

Mary forgot a most important item to bring to last local match - food. We always run well past my eating schedule. I really run into trouble if I don't eat something on schedule. I seen she had a grocery sack of "stuff" and figured she had plenty. But it was a bowl of Halloween candy and non-food items. I can't do candy. It wasn't pleasant. Of course, it was MY fault. She decreed, if I wanted food I needed to gather it up and bring it. Well, I see her point. I did everything else, I should do this chore too.

my problem was that I put the extra rifle in the sg case, for some reason not realizing it was not the SG!!!

Warden, I am the same way with food, thus one of my alias's alias Peanut Butter....

Have narrowed all the crap down to 3 items--- All 4 guns in one case, all ammo in a zippered bag, guncart---If I have the cart, I have my leather, glasses, hearing protection, etc. etc. Then check the car at least twice to be sure all three are there and at least once a little while after leaving home. So far so good. Although almost left the hat once--the check once on the road saved that one!!

It sure is nice to know that when your brain farts, there will always be numerous pards to the rescue.

I was on the way to Guns of August one year, maybe o4, an hour away from home in the RV I was going over my loading of the RV, leather? did I pack leather, stopped at next exit, NO LEATHER, fortunatley I had a phone, and SWMBO was home and brought them to me.

I have showed up at the range with all my stuff, only the wrong range. I forgot which Saturday of the month it was and drove west instead of south.

No misses or procedurals. It was a good day spent hitting all of the gunshops on the way home.

Phopas + Faux Pas = FUBAR

......., fortunatley I had a phone, and SWMBO was home and brought them to me.

For those not in the know- "She Who Must Be Obeyed" -from the British "Rumpole of the Bailey" mystery novel/TV series, Rumpole's (under-his-breath/behind-her-back ;) ) reference to his wife.

I left home once without my pistols, but when I got to the match it was raining pretty good, so the match was canceled. I didn't even know I had forgotten my pistols till got home and was unpacking!

Forgot hat, Bad Hombre loaned me an extra

Brought wrong caliber rifle, Cypress Sam gave me some very HOT rounds :blink::D

Didn't pack match ammo for state match, Cypress Sun hooked me up

It's all good with Pards as backup :)

Archived