SASS Wire Forum

Where to find 25-20 ammo

The Prairie Kid #22351

Your other best bet is to intentionally search or contact local gun shops. Some may have a box or more of this limited demand ammo.

I found a couple of boxes of .32WCF at a family-owned hardware store. They owner said that these boxes had been on his shelf since the late 1980s. I bought all three boxes with the 1980s price. Both of us were very pleased with my 'find'.

Lohman Arms has never had anything in stock when I have called them, even though their website says it is in stock. I don't think they have updated most of it within the past ten years, which is why their site always has great prices and everything is in stock.

When buying 25-20 ammo, you have to be careful which type of 25-20 you are buying. There is the "Single Shot" 25-20 & there is the 25-20 WCF.

The lever action rifles are going to shoot the 25-20 WCF, ammo and not the 25-20 Single Shot ammo.

There seems to be a good supply of the 25-20 Single Shot ammo around, but unfortunately not the 25-20 WCF ammo.

I have 2 Marlins in .25-20 WCF. I have a Model 1894 that was made in 1907 or shortly thereafter. The special-order 26" barrel is 2" longer than the standard 24" for this model. The special-order sights sound like Beach and/or King's but could also be other brands. Since the folding front sight has an ivory bead, it probably is a Lyman #5 and not a Beach. (is it gold washed? All Beach front sights were gold washed) The tang sight with locking lever is a Lyman #2A. The rear barrel sight is either a Lyman #6 (should have a white diamond, not a line) or, since you said it had a white line, it may be a Winchester Express sight. Hard to tell without seeing it. Marlin offered Lyman sights through their catalogs so I would tend to think most of the sights, if original to the gun are Lyman sights. The other one is a 1894 Ducks Unlimited with a half magazine tube, changed to full tube for SASS. I reload for both as all the ammo I have found is jacketed

Sent you a PM Kid.

Archived