SASS Wire Forum

revolver question

ORNERY OAF

Pards,

First off, I'm not really experienced with the smith revolvers.so I got a.grip question..I recently got a sw629 classic..N-frame and round butt..comes with pachmeyer rubber grips....now, I ordered a.set of hogue grips.and they fit perfect except..now way to secure it to the gun. There is a small hole at the bottom of the grips for what looks like a screw but it didn't come with one...and my gripframe has no hole for a.screw...is it just a tension screw I'm missing?? I would love new grips but I'm not sure if this will take special ones or not...ism looking at nice wood ones as well but spotted.the same hole on the bottom...the grips now.have the post through the center of the sides...that part I understand. ..thanks

The grips you are referring to use a "U" shaped bracket with a nut in it.

This bracket uses the grip panel locating pin that goes thru the grip frame at the base of the grip.

(the ears of the "U" have small holes in them that when "stretched" wider, the U bracket snaps over the this locating pin and holds itself in place)

Then when the grips are placed onto the revolver, this bracket then fits inside a recess in the base of the Hogue grips - which lines up the nut in the "U" bracket with the hole in the grip.

Then a screw (which should have been provided along with the "U" bracket), screws up into the bracket and secures the grip to the firearm.

If these pieces ("U" bracket and screw) are missing, you will need to contact Hogue for the pieces to complete your installation.

+1 Creeker's information.

Altamont grips has a nice selection of round butt grips, checkered, four different woods, for $52 per pair. I have several sets of grips from this excellent company.

Archived