SASS Wire Forum

Anyone missing a gun?

Dutch Wheeler

A year or so back neighbors spotted a crew of thieves trying to break into a house while the owners were away. They called the sheriff's department but the thieves fled before authorities got there. (Humm, wonder how they got tipped off?) The next evening, neighbors stood guard and when the thieves showed back up, they held them at gunpoint until the sheriff's department showed up. Busted up a big gang. Over 80 guns were recovered as well as boats, trucks, equipment. The loot was taken over three counties - our's included. My first thought was that our sheriff's department was going to have to get off their butts and follow up on on the recovered property.

We've had stuff stolen and went to report it. The deputy took down some minimum information, handed us a copy of the report, told us to turn it it in to our insurance. When asked if there would be any chance of recovery, he was frank and said no, it's likely in a pawn shop in St. Louis by now.

Good Grief! That's a lot of stolen guns. Where'd he get all the money to buy that many stolen gun?

It's going to take awhile getting all those guns back to rightful owners. Will they be shipped to the owners or will the owners have to come in to claim their property?

All the owners will probably not be found or notified. Anti-gunners will most likely demand that they all be destroyed, and local authorities will probably cave in to them.

As for the other stolen items, if not claimed PDQ, they'll probably wind up in a Police Auction or similar situation.

Most people forget that if an insurance claim is paid on the firearm it no longer belongs to them and they are required to notify the insurance company of the guns recovery

Photos are now being posted showing two stacks of handguns: one of semi-autos, one of revolvers. Both look to be in the hundreds. Wonder how many SAAs, Pythons and Lugers might be in the pile?

I served on a fed jury several years ago about a stolen gun and gun by a felon. Both charges had a mandatory five year stint. By the same token, this yahoo could be in jail for 50,000 years, or until we straighten out the Obama admin mess.

"they believe were stolen"

No evidence they were stolen yet? Not even one or two?

All that perp has to say is that he bought them all on a handshake with no papers...I don't think he has to keep a record of that sale, ((unless he wants to register them))......then that puts the burden of proof on the authorities.

I don't think it'll fly, but stranger things have happened, tho.

Archived