SASS Wire Forum

Well I finally did it.

Badlands Bob #61228

After 35 years, 3 weeks and 2 days, I am finally retired from my law enforcement career. I spend over half my career in criminal investigations with a Metro Atlanta County Police department. No more phone calls in the middle of the night about somebody that came to a bad end. No more on-call. No more meetings or reports to read. Times are changing and it's a good time to retire. I'm going camper shopping next week. I'm liable to show up anywhere now.

Badlands Bob (professional cowboy shooter and lazy bum)

Thanks for your service and have fun.

Thanks for your service, Bob. After 51 years I retired last January and hardly a night goes by that I don't dream about being back at the job. It'll probably happen to you too. I've been told this may last up to a year before it finally gets out of your system.

My advise is don't vegetate. Find something to do that will keep you busy at least a few hours each day.

Enjoy your retirement!

Hell, it took me about 15 minutes to get used to retirement. I miss some of the people I worked with is all.

And Saturday night is Halloween. Nobody has to get up for school or work on Sunday and the time changes back at 2am. The parties, DUIs, vanfalism and general craziness will go on all night.

Worst case scenario for a cop.

It's good to be retired.:D

After a couple of months, you'll wonder where you ever found the time to work!! B)B):lol:

THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS.

The first rule of retirement is TO ENJOY YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

I don't know what took these other fellows so long to get off the work thingy, but I managed

when I walked out the door. And it didn't hit me in the backside either :lol: .

Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement, sounds like you've certainly earned it. Be thankful you've reached the point where you could afford to retire voluntarily. Many in this area are now losing their jobs due to the prolonged slump in the oil industry. I know, ... got laid off almost two weeks ago. Was hoping to work another two to three years so we'd be better situated with the mortgage but am trusting in God and know He has my back.

Bob, was a pleasure to shake your hand on your first day of retirement, and be shown your new set of wheels. That is some truck. Why get a trailer, just live out of that new truck. Best always, MT

The problem with my old truck was it was in the shop 3 times this year for minor $500 repairs. Brisket has this three strikes thing and it's off to the crusher. Said she wasn't going off wandering with me around the country in a truck she couldn't trust.

Thanks, Bob, and Congratulations! Looking forward to having you shoot more often with us at North Alabama Regulators!

Archived