SASS Wire Forum

2016 Iron Hero Match-Grand Island, NE-15 October 2016

StirrupTrouble

by this time tomorrow me and Buick shud be on tha road ta Nebraska.... ;)

Don't fergit, ifn' ya kin join us, dinner at Perkins at 7:00 Friday night, 106 Wilmar Ave., Highway 281 and Old Potash Highway

You folks drive safe tomorrow, and hope to see ya at Perkins... Looks like I will make it as of now..

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Sorry, Stirrup.

Saturday is a no-go for me.

MG

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Sorry, Stirrup.

Saturday is a no-go for me.

MG

Sorry to hear that Gregg, I was looking forward to meeting you. I wish you well with whatever you have before you.

Headed east right now! Nebraska here we come!!

We leave in the morning. Not that I'm anywhere near ready.

Can't wait to see you all again. I hope you all enjoy the stages I have set up for you

Thanks, Marie. It was a ton of work and was a pleasure. It made all the work worth it to see so many cowboys and cowgirls. I am still in shock that registrations were up 62% over last year

As a bonus, I am still in shock that I placed in category and as high in the standings as I did, and I got an elusive clean match pin

I will take a short break and start planning stages for next year next week.....Jimmy Stewart

Great match and was evident of the amount of work put into it. I will be back if the creek don't rise to high

Will try an bring a couple along.

Thanks guys. I just got match results live on the website

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2016-iron-hero-is-in-the-books/

A very fun and enjoyable one day match! I had a great time and hope to be back again next year. Ole Stirrup does a good job putting this on, mark it on your calendar for next year.

It was great meeting up with old friends and meeting some new ones! The pre match dinner was great too, I think 28 got together Friday evening!

I'm still in shock bout dinner.....I wudda been happy ifn' half a dozen had showed....instead we filled tha whole dang room!!! :D:D and we had an awesum time at tha match.....even better than last year!! Definitely gonna hafta mark tha calendar fer this agin next year....already kint wait! Good fun stages wit a lot of variety but nuttin' tuu hard, great posse, great people, all fer a fair price, whut's not ta luv?? :wub:

And Stirrup, we kint thank yu enuff fer both yer hospitality and all yer hard werk....bless ya pard!! :wub::wub:

Got home a little bit ago, tired from the drive, but smiling ear to ear over the fun I had at the match.

Awesome stages, a good mix of target arrays and distances and what not. Good bunch of folks, good food, fun shooting, what more could a cowboy ask for?

Other than my own club annual, this match is the second on my list for next year so far, and not just because I won a free entry to next years match! :D

Thanks to all that came. That was a tight competition! I am still in shock that after eight stages, the margin of victory between first and second overall was 0.26 seconds!! I double checked the scores three times to make sure

We will have next year's date finalized by the end of November once Millbrook decides on their date. I don't want to step on their match. Alos remember there will be a discount for paid early entries

Archived