SASS Wire Forum

2016 Iron Hero Match-Grand Island, NE-15 October 2016

StirrupTrouble

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fine, YU come up wit an affordable restaurant in that area that serves gud food that we taint gonna git totally lost findin'.... :rolleyes:

I'm just teasing about the mexican food...

Stirrup could probably make some recommendations. Last year the hotel I stayed in had a Denny's on site, so we just ate there, but that place (the hotel) is too expensive.

where is tha Texas Roadhouse? Buick will never go fer tha idea ifn' I git us lost.....tha other place is right by tha hotels....we didn't even need tha car

Texas Roadhouse is really good, and really easy to get to. Its pretty close to Hornady and I think fairly close to Carlos OKellys. Not hard to find, just on the East side of the highway.

DM

I've never eaten there, but I am easy to please....Perkins suits me fine too

Stirrup, if you go to the Millbrook Massacre, talk to Deer Creek Drifter. I think he wants to sign up for the Hero. (My dad)

I will be there and will look him up

Put myself and Marie down for dinner, we will be staying at the range. Should be there by 2:00 on Friday . See ya all soon.

actually, except for the steaks and a couple of other things, the Texas Roadhouse prices aren't that bad.....should be able ta find sumthin' on tha menu we kin afford....and although we won't be able ta walk there it doesn't look far from the Sleep Inn....

and I'z glad Marie iz comin' tuu....I owe her a congratulations hug!

Looking forward to joining you guys. I will be headed to the park for a last minute onceover late afternoon and then we can grab a bite. Glad for the big increase in shooters this year but my stress level is through the roof. I got three bays set up tonight and looked over the door prizes

texas roadhouse is a pretty good place to eat the only thing to remember is the design of the inside makes them VERY noisy. and hard to visit.

yu noz, any restaurant iz gonna end up noisy ifn' a bunch of us cowboy shooters show up.....wud it be better ta pick one that's quiet ta begin wit? (if such a restaurant exists on a Friday.....)

Hey Sturrup,

Is it possible to get water for my rv at the range? Or do I need to find a place in town.

Thanks see ya soon.

LBF

Lodan, I am pretty sure the hookups are water and power, but just to make sure, I just called the park. No showers or sewage, but they have hookups for potable water and power right on the pads

Dun a little lookin' at website reviews and restaurant menus.....and I'z thinkin' Perkins mite be a gud choice....mite be a lil more quiet than tha Roadhouse or any other bar/grill type place, looks easy ta find, and most stuff on tha menu iz $12.00 or less....our club's BOD used ta meet at tha Perkins in Loveland and the food was pretty gud.....

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/wp-content/themes/gsperkins/assets/pdf/Perkins-Menu-052016.pdf

whut y'all thunk?

Major, yu said sumthin' earlier bout doin' it round 7ish.....at first I thot that sounded kinda late but then realized that fer us that's only 6:00....duh! :blush: If 7 werks fer yu I think it's definitely doable....there's another guy comin' from Colorado that mite not be able ta be there earlier as well, it cud help him out ifn' he decides ta come....

Perkins sounds great. Not far from the park right at intersection of 281 and Old Potash. They also have a semi private room

I just drove through Nebraska yesterday. I-80 has some construction, it's everywhere. There is a large project at the I-76 I-80 intersection, and all around Grand Island. Not real bad roads, just slower driving and one lane driving. Watch out for the State Patrol, they really watch that section of interstate.

Sounds like par for the course, I've been back and forth across eastern Colorado and western Kansas twice in the last few weeks on I-70 and there was construction as well. Heck, been driving I-70 to KC my whole life and don't think I've ever been on it when there wasn't construction.

If anyone is coming to the Iron Hero and needs a camping spot but did not get one reserved, please let me know. I know a cowboy that had a spot paid for but due to a flooding incident with his trailer he no longer needs it. I will put you in contact with him and maybe you guys can work a deal to help both of you

Well, things are finally coming together. After I got back from Hill City yesterday, dropped by the park to pick up shooter books and envelopes and door prize tickets. Shooter packs were built yesterday and scoring software and posses were finalized.

After work today, we got the last of the stages set up, and shooter packs were dropped off at the main office, so anytime you get to town after they open up Wednesday you are welcome to check in and pick it up. Tonight I got the posse books put together.

Wednesday we will build the posse boxes, and Friday final tweaks and cleanup before the fun starts Saturday morning bright and early. Safety meeting at 8:00

When you arrive to check in, follow the main road straight through the trees past the RV parking until it dead ends at the shotgun fields. Turn left and you will see a two story building on the left. Check in is upstairs in the main office

Stirrup,

Call when you can. I have one more shooter that is coming with me. need to talk with you. 303-748-6149.

Thanks, LBF

by this time tomorrow me and Buick shud be on tha road ta Nebraska.... ;)

Don't fergit, ifn' ya kin join us, dinner at Perkins at 7:00 Friday night, 106 Wilmar Ave., Highway 281 and Old Potash Highway

Archived