SASS Wire Forum

2016 Iron Hero Match-Grand Island, NE-15 October 2016

StirrupTrouble

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will send mine in today. look forward to it, put me down for CC.

Cool! Counting your entry and Calico and Buick's, almost 20% of the entries we have so far are Classic Cowboy!

OH YEAH ANOTHER CLASSIC COWBOY!! Fun, Fun!!

Maybe if we get enough Classic Cowboys we can do a classic cowboy posse

YeeHaw! I had a scheduling conflict at the office and wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it or not, but thanks to the graciousness of a coworker it looks like I will be able to make it after all!

This is a fun little shoot folks! And if shooting 8 stages in one day gives you pause, don't worry about it, if I fat old cowboy like me can do it, you can too!

If you haven't signed up yet and are planning to attend, you might let Stirrup know now as I'm sure he's needing to order the awards and make final arrangements with the caterer and what not.

With the latest batch of entries picked up at the city, and counting the ones that contacted me in the last couple of days and said they were sending entries in, we MATCHED last year's total..plenty of room for more shooters

If any of you are planning on coming but haven't sent entries in, please PM me and let me know along with your category. I need to get the award order put in next week and I hate having to send awards out after the fact. I like folks to get them at the match

Since we are just a fun annual and not a state match, I had a request from a shooter today asking if I would honor the Josey Wales category....YES! Josey Wales has now been added as a category for the match (second set of pistols will be staged where the rifle would go). So if you want to battle for that category, let me know before I order awards so I don't have to mail you yours

• 2 weeks later...

Nice increase in shooters this year. Thanks to everyone that signed up. We had an increase of 31% in shooters from last year signed up

Just a reminder for those that are signed up. The match is SATURDAY, October 15, NOT Sunday like last year. I had a shooter contact me thinking it was a Sunday match and I didn't want to see anyone miss out that was signed up

• 3 weeks later...

YeeHaw, it's getting close now!

Got my ammo staged and ready to load, I could be on the road in 20 minutes...

But I have to wait until next week! dangit!

I am ready too, but gotta wait.. dagnabit!

Will be great seeing you again Grizz.

Stirrup, if you go to the Millbrook Massacre, talk to Deer Creek Drifter. I think he wants to sign up for the Hero. (My dad)

For anyone that's coming to this match that will be there on Friday night.....ifn' yer interested in a group of us getting together for dinner Friday night please let me know before then....it would be nice to set something up if anybody wants to....I was thinking the Carlos O'Kellys (Mexican food) on Diers between the Sleep Inn and the Comfort Inn...Buick and I and a couple of guys had dinner there last year and it was pretty good....

and I promise ta speak English instead of redneck.....

Archived