SASS Wire Forum

2016 Iron Hero Match-Grand Island, NE-15 October 2016

StirrupTrouble

Thanks to those that came out for our recent Iron Duke event, and we have decided to continue the new tradition next year. The tentative date is October 15, 2016, and once the final date is formally approved, we will release entry forms. As with this year, due to staffing limitations, we will be limiting entries to the first 75 shooters, though if that fills up, we will accept a small number of standby entries

The theme for this match is Randolph Scott, and all stages will be based on a scene from one of this movies. We will also be debuting the new hotel we are building at the park for the cowboy club. The movies we have selected for the match are the following:

• Jesse James
  • Comanche Station
  • Decision at Sundown
  • Colt 45
  • Rage at Dawn
  • 7th Cavalry
  • Ride Lonesome
  • Wagon Wheels

Just as this year, all eight stages will be run in a single day, and awards will be presented to the top three in each official SASS category signed up for by September 1. The match fee is $50 ($60 if signed up after 9/1).

As a thank you to those that are new to SASS, we are also offering a $5 discount coupon for anyone who first signed up for SASS membership in 2015 or 2016. We thought it might give you some incentive to try out an annual, and we wanted to thank to new shooters. When entry forms are released, the coupons will be available on our website, or you may contact me and I will email you a copy. Feel free to make as many copies as you would like, and share with any new shooters at your clubs.

http://plattevalleygunslingers.com/

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended this years Iron Duke match and it was awesome! Fun stages, great people, good food, and great facility. Awards were getting started by the time I finished putting my gear into the car.

HERE is the playlist of videos from the match.

I was a bit concerned about shooting 8 stages in a day, but it wasn't that big a deal, even for me. I did dial back my game a bit to pace myself though, but most folks wouldn't even have to do that.

I reccomend that you keep the Iron Hero match in mind as you plan next years shoots, I know I am.

Entry forms should be available by the end of November once we finalize the date with the park, and for new SASS members, don't forget about the discount

• 4 weeks later...

Entry forms are now available on our website

http://plattevalleygunslingers.com/2016-iron-hero-match-2/

We are also giving a discount to all shooters who joined SASS in 2015 or 2016 to welcome them to this sport.

We hope you can all join us. This year was fun

• 4 months later...

Planning is coming together for the match. Stages are designed and shooter books are ready for the printer, and we are working on things for the shooter packs and giveaways

We have a leather vendor lined up already and are working on a cowboy gun dealer and a hat maker. I will keep you guys posted

I know we are a ways out from the match. But, if you are planning on coming with an RV, we have somewhat limited pads with electric hookups, so even if you are waiting until it is closer to send in your entries, I would recommend that you call the park to reserve an RV spot. We are already getting camping queries. We have plenty of primitive spots, but probably only about a dozen spots with full services (we are trying to budget a little each year to keep expanding this each year now that the new entry way to the park is completed)

• 3 weeks later...

Entries are starting to come in. So far we are a little ahead of last year, so I hope more of you can join us in 2016

• 1 month later...

Major - I am sure hoping to, it's a great shoot. Hopefully ol' Stirrup can line up some more help this year and shoot with us instead of having to ride herd the whole match day.

Talked me into it, Major. I'll go. Looks like fun. :)

Major,

Is we gonna shoot black or smokeyless?

Fast guns or slow guns?

Oh wait, yore the fella what shoots them big ole slow guns faaaaaaaast. I'm gonna start callin' you Speedy McMajor purdy soon. :):):)

Speedy McMajor hahahahaha! I love it! Fun to watch him shoot, especially when he pulls his pistols and has to step back cuz the long barrels keep hitting the targets....

He has the distinct advantage however with that long barreled shotgun, long barreled rifle, and long barrel pistols at being just that much closer to the targets.

He might be the only Classic Cowboy gamer in the universe. :):):)

Nevermind the fact that he's just a good fast shot with all of his artillery.

Just a reminder if anyone is wanting to camp and would like hookups. We have plenty of dry camping spot but our spots with services are limited, and we have had some reservations already. If you need hookups, even if you are waiting to send in the entry, please call to reserve your camping spot so you don't miss out. I know some spots are already reserved, but we have a few spots left

• 1 month later...

Great little match that won't break the bank for extended hotel stays or vacation time use!

Get those entries in folks! We're burnin' daylight and I'm sure our pard Stirrup needs to start finalizing some of the arrangements!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got our first Iowa entry. Thank to everyone that have entered so far, and we have slots still available

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer. The park is sending me the current entry list this week and a fresh batch of welcome emails will be going out this week

You shooting with us this year?

Hoping to. Depends on how much help I get or if I am running everything like last year. Right now up in the air if I have to preshoot, but my plan is to shoot with you guys

Awesome!!! Glad to have you guys. If you need help finding a room or need opinions on the area a particular hotel is in, just let me know

With Calico and others coming from Colorado, we now have shooters representing the following states:

Nebraska

Kansas

Texas

Iowa

Colorado

we're gonna stay same place as last year....Sleep Inn on Diers....it wuzn't bad, breakfast wuz tasty, has hot tub, and there wuz a really gud restaurant close by tho I kint remember tha name of it...

Archived