SASS Wire Forum

SASS Western Divisional Championship - Norco! It's in the Books!

Blackjack Zak

The SASS Western Divisional was held this weekend in Norco, CA.....hosted by The Cowboys! I must say, it was a great match and I will be back next year with a wagon load from AZ!

The stages were great: fast and furious! Targets were mostly big and close, and made for severe fun for all! It was a match well worthy of a Divisional! If you didn't go, you missed a good time!!

Mattel, Smokestack, Amanda, Adam, Orion, Tina and all the gang worked tirelessly to make sure everyone was having fun and taken care of. They did a great job!!

My thanks to them for putting this match together for us.....I WILL BE BACK!!!

Well said Zak. I agree on a job well done. CLW, Apple Pie and I had a great time this weekend. Thank you to everyone that contributed to the match. It was well balanced and deserving of the all-new divisional title.

great time, thanks to Mattel for his hospitality . thanks smokestack for all the great stages and it was super to meet you, a big thanks to posse 5 and all the work they did to help me out for two days and thanks for all the set up crew

:ph34r: A GREAT time had by our group....good variety of stages, great vendors, even BETTER people. Plentiful COLD water, and strategically placed

porta-loos, good shooter's book with stages allowing options. Posse 10 rocked, with good RO's, willing workers and Misty and her "Moonshine Mafia".....

A fitting debut for the Western Divisional!

Thanks to all The Cowboys (and Cowgirls!) who worked so hard to put this on.

Bad and Goode Bascomb

Very highly impressed with the stages. They gave a lot of options to the shooters depending on how much risk the shooter was willing to take. Also a good variety of big and close vs. slightly more challenging. But even the challenging stages were easily shot clean if the shooter did his part.

As always, The Cowboys are a fantastic bunch to shoot with. Already planning on being back next year. (Hopefully I'll have a fully functioning brain by then and won't make so many stupid mistakes.)

I was also impressed with the stages and the options Shooting Bull just mentioned.

Wild Bird and I had a great time and appreciate all the hard work by Mattel, Smokestack, and all the rest.

Thank you all.

-tex fiddler

Thank you everybody who helped make this match possible. And thank you to all of the shooters who chose to spend their weekend with us, without either group the event could not have been successful. The scores can be found here, https://www.facebook.com/groups/676697149124810/files/

We will have them up on the website soon at, http://www.thecowboys.org/

Adding my two cents. Great match, Cowboys!! Variety, shooter options, enough movement to keep it interesting but not kill us (especially considering how humid it was!!), good scenarios. Overall a great effort for the inaugural divisional. Hope anyone that was in the fence about this match will make it out next year. Zak, it was great meeting you and putting a face to the name. Looking forward to seeing you at the Convention.

You're coming to the Convention? I thought we'd finished that fence to keep the riff raff out? :P

Just how big a fence do you think you'll have to build to keep me out?

Hi Larsen,

Please send me your email address and I will send you the PDF of the results.

Photo Shooter

Aphotog@aol.com

The link above does work and I have seen that.

Overall Scores are very important in this match because they are used to determine the Top Gun Shootoff entries.

However, Overall scores are often not shown on The Cowboys website and they are not there for this match. I'm trying to find out if that's an oversight or a policy decision.

-tex fiddler

The link above does work and I have seen that.

Overall Scores are very important in this match because they are used to determine the Top Gun Shootoff entries.

However, Overall scores are often not shown on The Cowboys website and they are not there for this match. I'm trying to find out if that's an oversight or a policy decision.

-tex fiddler

It is not a matter of policy. They should have been posted but we're not. I am trying to get the person who has access to the website to post them. If I had the ability to do it myself it would have already been done. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Archived