SASS Wire Forum

my fun never ends it seems

Trigger Mike

so my wife recovered from cancer, we are slowly recovering our relationship(but it looks like it will take a good while to fully do that) , most of the folks interfering in our marriage have gotten mad and are not hanging around anymore. today she found out she has shingles on her face and the eye dr said it is not in her eye yet but he wants her to come back Monday after the medication kicks in. Her right side of her face is covered and her eye hurts. Our 4 year old has not gotten the booster for chicken pox yet so we made her appointment for Monday so my wife needs to stay away from the 4 year old.

Life ain't easy to begin with, but it is tougher on some more than others.

You didn't ask for 'em, but more prayers are here for you and yours.

Hang in there, Pard. There's a break in store for ya' soon enough.

I'm reminded of what a friend of mine that is a Lutheran pastor said to another friend recently. The Bible tells us God never gives us more than we can handle. He must think you are one tough son of a gun!

As for me, i'll keep you in my thoughts and meditations.

TM....you have my thoughts and prayers....Cancer is a demon of many faces...I pray peace and understanding for your family....God Bless...Jim

Shingles ain't fun! Been there, done that. both of you will need prayers.

thank you to all for the kind words and prayers. i really wonder if the cancer and chemo opened her up for the shingles and future ailments. i know others who once they took chemo bounced from one health problem to the next for the rest of their life. 49 years old seems too young for shingles.

I know what I was tryin' to remember.
Mother Teresa once said the Almighty wouldn't load us with more than we could pack around, then she gave a bashful little laugh and allowed as she wished He didn't have quite so fine an opinion of her!

Pard, you've got more than your share, and I'm standin' up on my knees for you and all of yours!

Mike, most of the folks that git shingles are older, but it can and does happen to younger folks....stress CAN be a contributing factor....my daughter had an outbreak of em starting a few days before she started high school....she had just turned 14..... :unsure:

Archived