SASS Wire Forum

FS Marlin 1894c .357 Carbine

I found this rifle for sale in a local gun shop and bought it hoping to pass it along to a new cowboy shooter. Not a "JM" but a new production gun, the first one I've seen in .357. The dealer told me it was traded in by a customer who had purchased it new at Cabelas and never fired it. The box has Cabela's tape around it and a "safety checked" label dated November 17, 2014. I asked at the local Cabela's store; they have an SKU for the .357 but could find none of the .357s in inventory.

This model has an 18.5" round barrel so it's lighter weight than the Cowboy model, perfect for a youth or lady shooter. 9 round capacity in .357s but will holds ten .38 Special cartridges. Has Ballard rifling, not Micro Grooved so it's good to go with lead bullets.

Wood to metal fit is pretty good. and there's a bit of figure in the walnut buttstock. It is in like new condition which means it needs the usual action work. I took it to the range to function check it and ran maybe 30 rounds of .38 Special cowboy loads through it; it cycled and fired just fine. Comes with original box, manual, safety lock and the little hammer extension.

I will take some photos and send them by email if you will PM me your address. If there is something specific you want photographed, let me know.

Asking $700 plus actual cost to ship from my FFL to yours. Can also do a FTF with a South Carolina resident in Upstate SC, and save the shipping. I will require SC ID and seller-buyer signed bill of sale for FTF.

Update: Rifle is SOLD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Price reduced; call it a Black Friday sale.

I shot one stage with it at our monthly match last weekend; it did fine but being an unaltered rifle i needs the usual action work.

Somebody buy this before it becomes a Winter project!

Archived