SASS Wire Forum

Opportunity knocking.

Dorado

So I got a call today from Dell computers asking me if I can come in tomorrow for an interview. I'm so excited about this. Gonna have to drive 6 hours tomorrow but I think it'll be worth it.

Got any tips I should know about?

Clean underwear- :lol::P

OLG

Oh darn...whatever will I do.... <_< Gotta be one in every bunch :P

Oh darn...whatever will I do.... <_< Gotta be one in every bunch :P

Iffin you don't have a clean pair just turn the ones you have now inside out and you can get another week out of them. LOL :D

Iffin you don't have a clean pair just turn the ones you have now inside out and you can get another week out of them. LOL :D

And then there were two... :P

No-Don't get your undies in a 'bunch'......... :P:P

OLG

AH! HE SAID IT! I was wondering if someone was going to say that! :D :D :D

I've done a lot of interviews. Sit on the edge of the chair, be enthusiastic, tell them this is the opportunity you have been looking for, Say you can't wait to get started, ask when you can start.

It is hard to turn down a candidate that is not only qualified but can't wait to dive in and get started. I used to tell my kids to wag their tail like a puppy that wants a treat. You can laugh, but it works!

I wonder if I should shave my mustache. I've got a real nice and kept handlebar, clean shaven otherwise.

I wonder if I should shave my mustache. I've got a real nice and kept handlebar, clean shaven otherwise.

I would say go to their website and see if you can find pictures of others with facial hair. It should not be an isue these days, but would be good to check.

Prayers sent.

You should probably know something about computers. :D

The clean underwear was a good idea too.

Good luck.

Irish Tom.

Position is for Inside Sales Management. Gonna have my first job that comes with a chair and A/C. Wow, a job with a/c.....

If I get this that is.

Ok so my checklist so far.

1) Clean underwear. (Do I have to be wearing them as well?)

2) Be a puppy. PUPPYYYYYY

3) Women's eyes are not in their shirts.

Ok, I think I'm good to go.

Position is for Inside Sales Management. Gonna have my first job that comes with a chair and A/C. Wow, a job with a/c.....

If I get this that is.

Ok so my checklist so far.

1) Clean underwear. (Do I have to be wearing them as well?)

2) Be a puppy. PUPPYYYYYY

3) Women's eyes are not in their shirts.

Ok, I think I'm good to go.

1) eyes

2) underwear

3) puppy but strong pup

I Programmed computers for 50 years

If your interviewer(s) make a political joke or statement, just smile. Try not to comment about politics or religions. And because you live in Texas, you better know something about high school football... ;)

Another thing... check out the office you are being interviewed as you enter. If you see a particular item that signifies a certain college, say something good about that college.....IF the subject comes up. Or something good about their football team.

If you see a baseball, football, etc..... on the shelf/bookcase/desk, remember to say something positive about that sport, if the subject comes up.

If your interviewer says something about the World Series and you know nothing about who is playing, just say "its an exciting time of year for sports fans".

If a Lady interviews you and you notice a family picture on the desk, don't ask if its her family and children.

NEVER comment on anyones clothes, man or woman. You don't want to give any outward impressions of trying to 'suck up'.

And if possible, try not to say "YES MAAM" or "YES SIR". The person you are speaking with may look like one gender but actually another. Just say..... "YES".

And SHINE YOUR SHOES and wear socks. Very important.

And PLEASE, leave your pocket protector at home..... ;)

..........Widder

Be polite. Be friendly. Be yourself.

So, drove down there, about a 5 hour drive. Interview went well I think. I should be hearing back from them sometime next week. I really hope I get this job. I just about overloaded on loafing around.

Turn your cell phone OFF.

Sell yourself, but don't oversell yourself.

And for heaven's sake be interested in what the interviewer is saying. I used to eliminate people, no matter their qualifications if they didn't seem interested in what I was telling and asking them.

Archived