SASS Wire Forum

MASON DIXON STAMPEDE THANK YOU

Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator

The inaugural SASS Eastern Divisional Championship, The Mason Dixon Stampede, was one that will remain in our memory banks for a long time.

It was an awesome match, with some great stages and new props.

Unfortunately, some unusual weather conditions for the area, not only forced modifications but made the evening news as well. While the South Eastern states were being hammered with a hurricane we had heavy rains from a nor-Easter.

Rain and drizzly were present about 85% of the time. Although the Monocacy River did not flood the camping area, we moved over 40 campers to higher ground for safety.

Pop up tents soon became golden for berm marshals and score keepers.

Of the 270 plus registered shooters, only 181 stuck it out. And, in the long run, they were glad they did.

It was stressful on shooters, match personnel and the overall plans for the match.

Fortunately, adjustments were made and plan "B" and in some cases plan "C" went into play.

We were able to raise over $2,600 for the SASS Scholarship fund too!

The Mason Dixon team, not me, deserves all the accolades available. Just to mention a few, and in no particular order, Cash Caldwell, Rifleman CW, Dakota DJ, Dogmeat Dad, Lil Feathers, Ruger Rose, Waco Wayne, Chance Calico, MT Chambers, DQ Dave, Sassy Patty, Misfire Maggie, Sassy Buttons and Bows, the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club Waddies and the dedicated team of Berm Marshals. (Please forgive me if I forgot anyone).

My thanks to all of them and to the shooters that hung in there!

Congratulations to two great champions, James Samuel Pike and Spinning Sally for the overall wins and for being the first SASS Eastern Divisional Champions!

The host club has a small membership. I consider them the little engine that could. For this match, they indeed pulled together and got the train over the mountain.

ps:Tex and Cat Ballou stuck it out for the whole match!

Thank you for all the hard work, and those who made it happen. It was a weekend that will not be soon forgotten. Hope to see everyone next year!

JB & Bdoc

+1

Nawlins

BTT It was a fun time in spite of the weather!! And the weather was terrible!! I tip my hat to Sallie and Pike and to all the other winners. Good for you all!!

Roo...I love you man!!!

Despite the crazy weather we had a blast! always great to see old friends and meet new ones. I think my daughter was sorry she didnt shoot all of the stages after seeing those nice belt buckles, this was her last year as a Buckerette.

Great job too all those who worked so hard to put it all together.

South Pass Kid, Ruby Rae, and Lady Dakota

Yep, It was something that we'll talk about for many years to come, The Great Mason Dixon Noreaster,my gear is just now drying out. Had the honor of being on the same posse with Tex & Cat what a hoot..We had a great time and I don't regret a minute of it, well I do regret a couple of misses. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard so that people like me can enjoy a great match. Next year sunny in the mid 70's

it's gonna take a lot more rain to stop the fun we had!

Made some great new friends!! Hope some of ya'll make it down to Florida!!

Thanks for a great Time

Scratch

It was a wonderful time! While I was one of those who chose not to shoot, I did work with my posse on day 1! I also met a lot of new and old friends. Meeting Tex and Cat Ballou was a highlight! We will come back!! Being from South Carolina, we felt it necessary to cut our trip short and get back to family just in case... Everything was good upon our arrival home and today...October 6 was the first time I saw the sun this month!!

Thank you EVERYONE who helped with this match!! The waddies and Berm marshals and everyone we encountered was superb!!

See you next year for sure!!

Archived