SASS Wire Forum

EDIT********SEE POST #25 FOR UPDATE*********EDIT Prayer Posse, Saddle Up, Please

Bama Red

Folks, I find myself in need of your prayers and good wishes once again.

I have developed a disease called ascites that will keep me from attending, much less shooting "Ambush At Cavern Cove", the Alabama State SASS Championship this weekend.

Ascites is an accumulation of fluid in the abdomen caused generally by cirrhosis of the liver, heart disease or cancer. In my case, since I already have cirrhosis, that's where the smart money is, but I'm awaiting tests to confirm this. In a period of one week, my abdomen has swollen so much that I can no longer wear any of my cowboy shirts, pants, vests or boots. In a more practical vein, it has also pushed my diaphragm so far up into my lungs that it is very hard for me to catch my breath.

I was admitted to Huntsville Hospital yesterday afternoon and this morning, they drew off five liters of fluid from around my liver. They will let my body rest a couple of days and then go back and get what they estimate is an additional two liters. They also found blood in my stool, so the fluid build-up may not be my only problem.

This is not related to the loss of my leg, but is just another thing the Lord has put on my plate. With His help, and yours, the docs will find out what this is and we'll get it taken care of. Thanks in advance, y'all.i

Howdy Bama Red--As you already know, the Good Lord tests us in many ways, it would appear that you are being tested in the physical side. I think that might be better than the mental side. You have been through a lot, however your spirits are high and your faith is strong. I know at Ambush last year, you were my hero! The docs and all their tests will find the physical cause. You have already found the spiritual cure for all that ails you! Hang in there my friend, there are lots of Paris praying and pulling for you! I am proud to be one of them! Prayers Up!

Very definitely I will stand up on my Prayer Bones for you!!

Thats OK, Sawyer - I'll settle for all of Paris praying for me! ;)

Prayers on the way

Morning, Bama!

I was on the road yesterday when we talked and, unfortunately, this is the first time I've visited the computer since we talked. J.Mark Flint asked if I had heard from you last night and expressed his concern as well.

All of us are praying for your speedy recovery and wish you well. I hope you are resting comfortably and that you can again triumph over your tribulations. You have an army of supporters and we're all pulling for ya'!!

**********************UPDATE************************

I'm going home this afternoon. The docs say there's nothing I need done that has to be done in the hospital, so they're discharging me late this afternoon.

Maybe I'll get to go to Ambush tomorrow and see the last few stages and the awards ceremony. Thanks to all y'all for your prayers!

**********************UPDATE************************

I'm going home this afternoon. The docs say there's nothing I need done that has to be done in the hospital, so they're discharging me late this afternoon.

Maybe I'll get to go to Ambush tomorrow and see the last few stages and the awards ceremony. Thanks to all y'all for your prayers!

Got tired of listening to you gripe and moan, did they?

Good to hear that you're getting turned loose.

Another round of prayers for ya', Pard!!

Well, lessee here ...

Home in your own bunk which is generally more comfortable than that-there horse pistol bed.

You're not interrupted at all hours by cold hands grabbin' your arm to take your blood pressure, or shaking you to say "Wake up, it's time for your sleeping pill!"

Food's better at home and so's the company.

Still standing up on my knees for you, pard, but it sounds like you may be headed in the right direction!

Archived