SASS Wire Forum

Another mass shooting

Since Columbine, Law Enforcement has gone through a lot of training involving active shooters. In the old days, the police would surround and contain the situation until the SWAT team eventually showed up. The active shooter training now has the 1st responding officers make entry and track down the shooter and "neutralize' them. Everything else is secondary. You are instructed to walk right past the injured and dead and go find the shooter.

It sound like that is just what happened in this case and probably saved a lot of lives. Well done.

Once again, the only thing that stopped the bad guy with a gun was a good guy with a gun.

New York Times is reporting an eye witness said the shooter asked people in the classroom to state their religion before he started shooting.

GS

I think these recent incidents are being encouraged by the actions of our Muslim faith, anti-Semitic President that does not believe in the U.S. Constitution, refuses to call crimes committed by Muslim extremists as terrorists and has guaranteed Iran will have at least one nuclear bomb within 2 -4 years.

There are just plain evil people in the world and our country.

But we need to realize this type of incidents are uncommon.

I think rather than seeing a groundswell support for more gun laws the backlash is more people will realize they are responsible for their own safety regardless of where they are.

So....

Why are the headlines not about "Unarmed Christians Targeted In Mass Shooting"?

^^^ Amen, brother!!!^^^

Howdy:

Now the press in all of its wisdom, is decrying the fact that they found 13 firearms in his home - My Goodness - 13 - he was obsessed with firearms - we all know that of the last 13 or so mass shootings, all have been done by (LW-Libtards except two) - instead of insisting on mental evaluations of folks I'll address this issue later), way not just eliminate firearm ownership for LW= Libtards? Now about mental evaluations, it was estimated that approximately 10% of the American population was in need of mental help - that includes all folks regardless of race, gender, and occupation. SO, how does having the possibility of a mentally unstable psychologist do an evaluation on an individual stop this. This is more of emptying a spring fed pond with a bucket that has a hole in it's bottom. Busy work with little results at the end of the day. In all of the cases, the folks obtained their firearms thru channels (except Columbine where the bought them illegally) and Sandyhook (stolen guns) legally. All we ever hear is MORE GUN CONTROL - I cannot think of any gun control consistent with the 2nd Amendment that would have stopped these crimes. The anti will ALWAYS cry more gun control - - Gun Free zones (only a complete moron would believe that this would stop a criminal) - no guns allowed signs (really?) criminals do not obey laws - that is why they are criminals - again - only a moron would believe that this would do anything except invite evil doers to come and wreck havoc - no opposition, you know. These criminals are not heroes, just plain old fashioned losers who crave attention - good or bad - they are social miscreants - we will always have social miscreants. Notice however, the politicos never want to band firearms from THEIR bodyguards - If I don't need a firearms - why do they need a firearm? Is their life and well being to be classified as more important than mine? I will argue that point.

GRRRRR

STL Suomi

By the way - statistics on what groups murder at a rate of ten times the combined total of other groups is available from the FBI.

Possibly withholding firemarn privileges from this one group would cut the rate of murder down. However, criminals do not buy their guns they steal them.

HI Folks,

This shooting led to a former classmate, who is a friend on FB, writing me about gun control. I always considered him to be one of the smartest people in our class. Alas, it appears he doesn't get the resistance to gun control. His opening paragraph was as follows. "I think most folks [that is at least, I...] don't have a beef with responsible folks owning guns. But it seems like responsible folks would want to acknowledge, and help search for solutions to, their dangers, instead of taking umbrage at our president for wanting to do so." His tone was truly inquisitive rather than condemning.

Although, it was somewhat intimidating for me to try to convince a person who I revered for his intelligence, I did my best to present my views without attacking his. I hope I hear from him.

Regards,

Allie

Time to get to the nut cuttin'... When all you have is an argument based in lies, then there is an agenda. That agenda is simple: remove the 2nd A. Alrighty then, get on with it. The same bouquet of liars who trumpet "we can't round-up 11m illegals" think they'll just confiscate 300m guns...without using guns? Didn't work in 1776...bring it. Stop arguing with liars, whores and tyrants.

By all the existing gun laws, incluing background checks that, in Colorado, and some other states, include checks on domestic violence prohibitions, no private sales, etc, etc, the Oregon shooter would have still been able to legally acquire the weapons he actually had on him, and with which he committed the crime! There is one thing that might have stopped him (besides another armed person on the campus)...someone who saw his "manifesto" on the Internet, and turned him in to the authorities. They might, at least have been able to question him, and either held him for a mental evaluation, or gotten him counciling that might have calmed him down.

Interestingly, in California, police arrested four boys who were plotting to shoot up a school and kill teachers! There weren't any details given in the news story about how they found out, but however, there was probably another atrocity prevented because they were found out and possibly reported by someone who overheard them plotting! What if the Aurora, Colorado, shooter, who was undergoing psychological counciling, and whose councilor did report him to campus authorities had been adequately followed up on? It is true that we cannot stop all of these, no matter how many laws we pass, or how many people turn someone in (and there, of course, is the danger of someone being reported just because someone wants to get a perfectly innocent person in trouble). It is NOT an easy problem to solve, and anyone who thinks it is is fooling him/herself and trying to fool everyone else!

HI Folks,

This shooting led to a former classmate, who is a friend on FB, writing me about gun control. I always considered him to be one of the smartest people in our class. Alas, it appears he doesn't get the resistance to gun control. His opening paragraph was as follows. "I think most folks [that is at least, I...] don't have a beef with responsible folks owning guns. But it seems like responsible folks would want to acknowledge, and help search for solutions to, their dangers, instead of taking umbrage at our president for wanting to do so." His tone was truly inquisitive rather than condemning.

Although, it was somewhat intimidating for me to try to convince a person who I revered for his intelligence, I did my best to present my views without attacking his. I hope I hear from him.

Regards,

Allie

I hope you ask him what new law he would like to see passed. It's pretty easy to show how no new law is going to make any difference.

You might also ask him which of the other rights we have in the Bill of Rights he would like to remove.

What has happened to our society?....I have my thoughts, but they would too politically, socially, and religiously incorrect to discuss here.

(excludes the Oregon tragedy in which Christians were targeted for their faith)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9414540/A-history-of-mass-shootings-in-the-US-since-Columbine.html

Love your family members pards....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I was reading another very good article a fellow posted about the moon landing pictures and saw a link that is perhaps applicable to the discussion:

http://boingboing.net/2015/10/04/obama-asked-reporters-to-do-th.html?utm_source=moreatbb&utm_medium=nextpost&utm_campaign=nextpostthumbnails

I was reading another very good article a fellow posted about the moon landing pictures and saw a link that is perhaps applicable to the discussion:

http://boingboing.net/2015/10/04/obama-asked-reporters-to-do-th.html?utm_source=moreatbb&utm_medium=nextpost&utm_campaign=nextpostthumbnails

The charts in the 'boing boing' article are wrong in regards to terrorism and terrorism potential in the US...

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255a.html

Data from the CDC in regards to deaths in general - it's also applicable to the discussion...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

and...any further conversation about guns in America should be directed here I imagine:

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242616

Don't mistake my post as advocating gun control. It was informatio sharing only. I'm a statistician by trade and there's a big difference between correlation and causation. We could just as easily say that religion in America should be banned, as most killers have or use religion in killings, and since both are protected by the bill of rights what's the difference?

This is what happens when you raise multiple generations of children with no self-control to speak of, impulse or otherwise and no fear of consequences. Thank you Dr. Spock and associated child appeasers. Your works have come to fruition.

BTW, there are 25,000+ guns laws on the books, not to mention the ones against assault and murder. Another one isn’t going to make a lick of difference. Until everyone quits blaming inanimate objects for the problems people cause nothing will be accomplished.

Don't mistake my post as advocating gun control. It was informatio sharing only. I'm a statistician by trade and there's a big difference between correlation and causation. We could just as easily say that religion in America should be banned, as most killers have or use religion in killings, and since both are protected by the bill of rights what's the difference?

I like stats too.

You speak of religion being banned? ridiculous. Please, 'religion' is a force much for good much more than harm in society: https://philosophynow.org/issues/78/Good_Religion_and_the_Good_It_Can_Do

...for your information LACK of religion is a killer too - Nazism, Communism which accounts for more than 100,000,000 dead.

But hey, according to your post - let's look at other 'killers'...prescription medicines should be banned, alcohol, cigarettes, cars, mentally ill people, pools, rock climbing, swimming in the surf (watch out for sharks)... let's ban relationships as people who have been cheated on have committed violence...the list goes on.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

...of course the biggest killer in the USA today is abortion (which has killed more than 'religion') - and will that be banned? no

but...again. Just making a point - not wanting to discuss any of these subjects here in the Saloon because they deal with politics, religion, and whatever and this is NOT the place to engage in such matters...even if in a civil manner.

God bless ;)

Yes I agree. I was trying to compare apples to apples. Guns and Religions are both protected by the bill of rights, both are tools that can be used for "good or evil" by people and are in and of themselves neutral, or somewhat so.

There are other "killers", heart disease, cancer, even medical errors, that kill far more people and are more likely to kill than guns, but none of them are protected by the bill of rights.

Archived