SASS Wire Forum

Another mass shooting

This one in southern Oregon. Six to ten dead that the press know.

Not much information, but the talking heads are talking up a storm.

Bad news in any way you look at it.

Prayers for the family of the dead and for the wounded victims.

A "Gun Free Zone". Unfortunately the gun-grabbers were quick to call for more gun control.

:( Prayer up.

Any news on who the shooter/shooters is/are?

I hope that there isn't any news on the shooter(s). If the media would stop reporting their names and anything at all about them, that would go a long ways to stopping this crap.

I think Redwood Kid is correct in his assessment of the issue. Give these people the

notoriety that they apparently crave and it only adds to the problem.

Problem is, the press loves it. Gives the talking heads something to rant about.

Sheriff says shooter is dead.

The news media, politicians and anti gunners behave exactly the same in each of these incidents.

News media calls in experts and speculate wildly, politicians bluster, and the "lack" of gun laws are blamed by antis.

Sheriff says shooter is dead.

The news media, politicians and anti gunners behave exactly the same in each of these incidents.

News media calls in experts and speculate wildly, politicians bluster, and the "lack" of gun laws are blamed by antis.

And the longer it goes without mentioning the shooter's name, race, ethnic background or religion, the more we know the answer to those questions.

It apparently took the wh less than 15 minutes to issue a statement calling for more gun control.

Typical media BS, first two reports said shooter in custody, now saying shooter is dead.

Yup. Gun free zone.

CNN was just on the phone with a professor at the college. They asked if guns are allowed on campus.

"No".

"Including law enforcement?", they asked?

Even their campus security is unarmed.

They will never get it.

Interestingly, one student who was questioned by the police before being allowed to leave campus as NOT involved has a CCW permit! Didn't say whether he was actually carrying or not. One problem that has surfaced is that the shooter had allegedly posted something on the internet last night stating what he was intending to do. Why didn't whoever he was posting to contact the authorities? In many of these tragedies there have been warning signs! Either nobody takes it seriously or fails to report it!

There is something basically wrong in this country, and it is NOT guns! It is people who cannot get help when they have problems that they feel are insurmountable, or feel they have no other things to do than stake out "territory"! This is tragic. NO QUESTION! But what about the number of people, including a toddler, gunned down in the Back Of The Yards neighborhood in Chicago. Or New York? That hardly makes the news anymore...because it is so common! The Southside of Chicago is basically a "freefire zone"! No data on motive. Officer engaged shooter and took him down. Officer NOT injured!

Latest report: 13 KIA; 20 WIA! :(:(:(

Yup. Gun free zone.

CNN was just on the phone with a professor at the college. They asked if guns are allowed on campus.

"No".

They will never get it.

+1000000

In addition to prayers for the families, it's important to keep our perspective.

A good editorial piece from a couple of years ago:

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/opinion/article_1c144792-b36d-11e2-8ac6-001a4bcf887a.html

I can tell you, growing up there was access to guns everywhere. In a lot of cases, they were in the cars outside the school because of hunting season. We did not have these problems. Issues were settled out behind the barn or on the playground. The violence in video games, on TV and in Movies does not help.

Interestingly, one student who was questioned by the police before being allowed to leave campus as NOT involved has a CCW permit! Didn't say whether he was actually carrying or not. One problem that has surfaced is that the shooter had allegedly posted something on the internet last night stating what he was intending to do. Why didn't whoever he was posting to contact the authorities? In many of these tragedies there have been warning signs! Either nobody takes it seriously or fails to report it!

There is something basically wrong in this country, and it is NOT guns! It is people who cannot get help when they have problems that they feel are insurmountable, or feel they have no other things to do than stake out "territory"! This is tragic. NO QUESTION! But what about the number of people, including a toddler, gunned down in the Back Of The Yards neighborhood in Chicago. Or New York? That hardly makes the news anymore...because it is so common! The Southside of Chicago is basically a "freefire zone"! No data on motive. Officer engaged shooter and took him down. Officer NOT injured!

Latest report: 13 KIA; 20 WIA! :(:(:(

I would submit that they are murder victims however, not KIAs.

Yup. Gun free zone.

"No".

They will never get it.

Gun Free Zones = Killing Fields

Probably 90% of the crime is concentrated in about a 10 block area - but we can't admit that either.

Not sure if you mean the eastern or western borders of the state. But on the western border, the vast majority of murders & shootings occur in one zip code. The really sad part is the residents know who did/does it, but won't report it. Even those who've been shot and survived.

Read this quote by one of the students describing then event inside a classroom and tell me what is wrong with it.

"The gunman, while reloading his handgun, ordered the students to stand up and asked if they were Christians, Boylan told her family."

As Colonel Cooper succinctly said, "Evil is not diminished by fleeing from it."

Nor is it diminished by huddling in pens -- I mean classrooms -- shivering and going BAAAAA.

No-guns zones are Designated Victim Zones, where all within have been legally disarmed for the convenience of the criminal.

I'm sorry, folks, I am bitter and I am cynical, and maybe that's because I was a lawman and a paramedic for too many years.

I had to face up to and face down large and angry people with a variety of weapons, and I myself have been shot, stabbed, cut, run into, run over, I've had to make that terminal decision whether to put that last tenth of an ounce of pressure on the grooved-steel trigger.

In each of these moments, only the ability and the willingness, and generally the application, of overwhelming force resolved the situation. I did not like it, but in that moment, it was the only solution to the problem at hand.

Evil understands one thing and one thing only, and that is vigorous, overwhelming, unforgiving, immediate, massive retaliation.

I was not there, I did not see it happen, I will not speculate on what-ifs -- tempting though it is -- but I have a writer's imagination, and I am turning very cold inside, imagining what it must have been like, looking at the murderer, listening to his question and knowing full well that declaring my faith would mean my death.

May God comfort the souls of these innocents, martyred for their faith!

That's why I don't watch him.

Neither do I, I like my TV, want to keep it for a while.

I see the so called media is out doing itself in getting "facts" screwed up, misrepresented, pulling out completely unrelated but agenda fulfilling tidbits, and oh, yeah, being very low key regarding the shooters race and several reports that he targeted Christians for murder.

Archived