SASS Wire Forum

1897 grab 4 from the right technique video.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Hey guys here is a technique I have been playing with for a few years, thought maybe sharing it could benefit some folks. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60fek2pQJw&feature=youtu.be

Love. it. Any chance you have it in a little higher resolution? Youtube's "slow motion" feature would be perfect for this. I'd like to see how you're manipulating the "in hand" shells as you're moving the next round into the port. and how you're holding the "in hand" shells as you're operating the action.

I have struggled with loading 4 with my weak hand with the first cycle of the action. My hands are 'just' big enough to hold all four shells. I just tested with this technique and I feel I have much more control over the gun. It's slower for me of course until I practice, but seems like a better technique for me in the long run. Thanks for sharing!!

Totes.

Rules.say.no.more.than.2.at.a.time.

While not a rule yet, I'll be lobbying my TG to change the rules to allow only two shells in hand/s. Allowing shooters to grab more than two shells at once puts many ladies and youth at an unfair disadvantage. There are also potential safety concerns.

While not a rule yet, I'll be lobbying my TG to change the rules to allow only two shells in hand/s. Allowing shooters to grab more than two shells at once puts many ladies and youth at an unfair disadvantage. There are also potential safety concerns.

I liked how you skipped stirring and went right to shoveling. 😀

Hey guys here is a technique I have been playing with for a few years, thought maybe sharing it could benefit some folks. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60fek2pQJw&feature=youtu.be

Great video/instruction......Thank You

Seriously? Can you please state your "safety concerns".

Rumor is your TG is working on pulling four while safely shooting an SKB ;)

Great Taco lady was practicing pulling 3 shells last night

Nice video

Billy the Avenger

So,

If you pull only two shells you can't drop any or get your finger pinched???? Really!!!

What about discarding a live round from a double???

I've been shooting since 2002 and '97 shooters have been pulling four shells at a time.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Unfair and unsafe? Hmmm... Last time I checked Ladies and Youth competed with in their own categories. So no real disadvantage there. How ever we could just give them an award for showing up.

Uh.... Hellooooooo dropped shells going off and pinched fingers being at the top of the list.

While we are on the safety kick, outlaw shooting the rifle fast and the 87. I have seen way more harpooned fingers with those evil unsafe devices than pinched fingers with a 97.

Nothing he does is safe.

Well maybe you should talk to him about that.

Deuce,great video.I guess I would just be unsafe.If I pulled 4, I would drop 3.I love all your videos.You allways show the right way to do things.You are a great help to cowboys and cowgirls with your videos.THANKS.

So,

If you pull only two shells you can't drop any or get your finger pinched???? Really!!!

What about discarding a live round from a double???

I've been shooting since 2002 and '97 shooters have been pulling four shells at a time.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Yep, I reckon so

Unfair and unsafe? Hmmm... Last time I checked Ladies and Youth competed with in their own categories. So no real disadvantage there. How ever we could just give them an award for showing up.

While we are on the safety kick, outlaw shooting the rifle fast and the 87. I have seen way more harpooned fingers with those evil unsafe devices than pinched fingers with a 97. Well maybe you should talk to him about that.

I made sure the posse was watching him for unsafe actions today. He shot like crap but was safe.

Good video Deuce, and you really are lucky to have a side kick that has your safety and well being as his main focus.

See you guys this week end.

Good video Deuce, and you really are lucky to have a side kick that has your safety and well being as his main focus.

See you guys this week end.

Yes it's nice to know that he always has my back.............this is why we can't have nice things.......

Nice video Deuce, always good when the fast guys give pointers on different techniques for people to try.

I will add that there is not much new in this game. There was a pard of mine in these here parts by the name of Jim Gallagher that used that same technique way back in '97.

Again nothing new here, Durango Kid from Colorado way fought that same battle back in the last century. I guess we can all see how that turned out.

There was a video put out by some GA boys way back when that dealt with all sorts of shotgun loading techniques. Not sure if it ever went very far but hell, I think them boys were stacking shot shells up the arm to somewhere past the elbow and best of my memory they did not drop the first shell! Best of my memory, Single Action Jackson might have been a part of the crew who filmed that video.

Nice video Deuce, always good when the fast guys give pointers on different techniques for people to try.

I will add that there is not much new in this game. There was a pard of mine in these here parts by the name of Jim Gallagher that used that same technique way back in '97.

Again nothing new here, Durango Kid from Colorado way fought that same battle back in the last century. I guess we can all see how that turned out.

Do you have his contact info so we can share notes?

Deuce

Any chance of slowing down really down so we can see exactly what you are doing. this looks like something I need to look more

closely at.

thanx

YN

I will try to do another video with more detail on the grab. Glad some of you have enjoyed it. I realize there is probably nothing new in this game, I think El Lazo from California may use a similar technique. It's just something I've not seen a lot of.

Deuce,

great video. And a salute for sharing with everyone.

(I been away to Hell Fire since Thursday and have just now been able to view and make a comment).

..........Widder

Deuce,

Old technique/new technique, doesn't matter. Much appreciated that you put it out there. Maybe someone has tried it in the past and it didn't work for them, then. May now. Who knows. Maybe there is a new guy or gal who hasn't seen it yet and it will help!

Thanks for all your efforts for this sport.

Archived