SASS Wire Forum

Classic Comic books. How many used them for book reports?

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

Late last night a long time High School friend called, and we started talking about teachers. etc. He mentioned our English teacher and how she required a book report on a James Fennimore Cooper title of our choice.

I told him after several chapters, I gave up and bought a Classic comic and used that. He said he did also.

So, confess, anyone else? MT

I will confess to having considered it. :rolleyes:

But I was a hard-core reader as a kid, and somehow I figgered that it might be a mite obvious to the teacher - who was actually surprisingly bright, for a teacher. ^_^

I LOVED Classics Illustrated comics. They gave me exposure to timeless works of literature that I would never have heard of otherwise. I went on to read the full novels in many cases. And yes, I did use one for a book report.

For a book report in 7th grade I read an unabriged copy of Moby Dick, which took forever to read. It has about a 7 chapter stretch on how to skin out a whale. After that it was classics illustrated for book reports.

The O'Meara Himself

My go to author during High School was a guy named Cliff Notes. Many book reports via his Readers Digest versions of classic literature.

Dustin

Cliff Notes was my friend all through College.

Scout

Cliff Notes sure got around. He was my friend in high school too.

Yup. Cliff Notes and Classic Comics both helped further my education. And like so many others here, I wound up reading the books themselves as I grew older and smarter.

Archived