SASS Wire Forum

ATV advice

Trigger Mike

I have a John Deere Gator 4 seater and right now it holds all 6 of us but as the little one grow it will not. The Gator does well for work chores but is not made for fun 4 wheeling. too hard of a work out and parts break. If there is water to cross it usually makes it but can not make it over deep mud. I want to keep it for the good parts but want something smaller that holds two to get places the gator can not. I thought of an actual 4 wheeler, but then saw a two seater Kawasaki Mule that only goes 25 mph . will it outperform the Gator as far as getting thru mud or should i get a 4 wheeler? is the honda better?

I have 2 Polaris atvs that are great. Both over 10 years old and no major repairs. I use them for hunting, off roading and working on my place. Can't seem to like the bigger 2 & 4 seaters, just too big!

Hamley has a Polaris Ranger side by side, It'll go in some rough places and is enclosed. Holds three men inside the cab. It'll run 35mph on gravel roads. Hauled my cow elk in the bed last year. Two guys can ride in the bed. 4 Wheeler vs Side by Side, one you ride on the other you ride in.

I have a Can Am Commander 800 side by side, it's WAY more sporty than the Yamaha Rhino it replaced and has a nice dump box, plus a lockable area under the box that can expand into a deeper dump box. If you ever want to go on state trails it will have to be 60" or less wide.

I have the Kawasaki Mule 610 XL. Been very well pleased with it. I call it the old man's motorcycle. Winter time I use it to plow out my 800' driveway. Put it in 4 wheel drive, lock the rear axle and up up and way!

If you decide to go with a four wheeler, look at the Honda Rancher, very, very, durable machine.

+1000. I have one with the 420 cc engine and it is a fun machine with plenty of power. It is just small enough to be nimble in the woods too.

If you ever want to go on state trails it will have to be 60" or less wide.

Lots of the state and National Forest trails here are limited to 50" or less!

Archived