SASS Wire Forum

Difference in "Made in the USA"

Volga Vigilante

I've had issues with 2 different "Made in the USA" guns for my Buckaroos.

The first and on going issue, Heritage Arms. Had problem with a .22 for the boys. Sent it in 4 times. On the fourth trip they said they would just replace the gun. Call 10 -14 days later, and "going to ship today" Well it did, problem was it was the wrong gun. Sent it back. Called yesterday and they didn't have it yet. Checked tracking #, it had been "lost" at their site for a week. Hopefully it will be right this time.

Second, at the last monthly, the "pusher rod" for the Henry .22 rifle came out after about 2 shots. The o-ring was missing where it twist in at the top. Contacted Henry to see what size it was so I could get one. They e-mailed back asking for my address, they would just send me one. It showed up 4 days later. Along with a coffee cup. With the Henry logo and saying " Made in America, or not made at all"

And my Bride, being the suspicious type, was impressed that the mug said "made in the USA" on it.

Sorry for the long ramble, in short, I know who I will do business with again.

Volga Vigilante

Henry has outstanding customer service. Dealt with them twice, once to get a shorter stock, and once for a small part I wanted a spare of. My 2 kids haven't managed to break anything on the .22 rifle yet, in spite of 2 years of monthly matches.

I still don't understand the point of the post. What's "made in America" got to do with it?

I am with you Slim. Some companies pride themselves on Customer Service and others don't. Since anything mechanical can and will break I really pay attention to reports about companies that threat their customers right.

I've enjoyed shooting out little rough rider, it's a fun gun. I've never had a problem with it but I've heard nothing but good stories about heritages customer support. Stuff happens, how the customer is treated after the fact often determines if they come back.

I still don't understand the point of the post. What's "made in America" got to do with it?

Both firearms are made in the USA. The Henry is just better quality and better service. After spending over an hour on the phone about a gun that has been lost at the repair center for a week, then getting home and having the part and coffee cup sent to me from Henry, just made a day and night comparison.

Also, guess I was just rambling on.

Volga Vigilante

Hi Volga Vigilante while I have not had any issues with my Heratige Arms I have heard some of the same stories regarding the customer service with warranty work. Congrats on the quick response and free swag from Henry.

By the way that is an interesting alias, very creative, maybe sometime you can share the story behind it. :D

Ranger Huckleberry

I was able to get a youth stock from them. I think it was $50 shipped, which was less then used ones on gunbroker.

I did have problems with one of the rifles. I contacted them and shipped it in, they fixed it up and sent it back. Cost me under $20 to ship it to them, they shipped it back.

Archived