SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range 2016 - It's Coming FAST!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember exactly but I think I missed 3 or 4 of them.

I use to keep a list of all shoots that I been to and also how I placed.

Guest Cactus Cris SASS#2790

I have been to all 25 started the "cart corral' at the first one. I set up right next to the stat house and had 20 carts. It progressed to having 104 for 1-2 years. Now I have 44. Shot most all the matches. Remember the "Winter RAIN " match very well. I shot it in Fronteir cat and was "clean"

I'm sure the staff at WR has looked into it. IMO if there is such a loyal shooter he deserves something special from the WR folks a free entry this year or something.

It will be my third.

I had plenty of 38s already loaded, but was short on SG shells so loaded up a couple boxes over the weekend to make sure I have enough.

Still need to pick an audio book to listen to on the drive.

Starting to get curious about who I'll have on the posse with me. I completely understand the reasoning behind not posting posse lists, but it don't stop me from being curious...

It will be my third.

I had plenty of 38s already loaded, but was short on SG shells so loaded up a couple boxes over the weekend to make sure I have enough.

Starting to get curious about who I'll have on the posse with me. I completely understand the reasoning behind not posting posse lists, but it don't stop me from being curious...

It's a mystery :)

It will be my third.

Remember what killed the cat!

Don't mention cat killing. Allie Mo will get pissed, close the thread and ban us all! (:

Maybe I'll simply get off with a warning.

Super-Happy-Kitty.jpg

Yankee,
You and Boston Lady have a safe and uneventful trip to AZ. Look forward to some nice warm weather and seeing some 800 of your friends .

TB

You all must be shooting Wild Bunch. One week from this coming Tuesday I'll be on the road unless weather dictates and earlier departure. We should roll into the range side match afternoon in time to pick up my shooter packet.

You all must be shooting Wild Bunch. One week from this coming Tuesday I'll be on the road unless weather dictates and earlier departure. We should roll into the range side match afternoon in time to pick up my shooter packet.

Don't get there to late on Wednesday!!! We have the swap meet, a fly over, the opening ceremony, complementary dinner and then fireworks. With 825+ shooters we can't risk any delay. So rather than have a fly over at the beginning of each wave on Thursday there will be one big fly over on Wednesday at 5:15 pm.

Larsen, since registration is scheduled to close at 4, my plan is to get there by 3, so plenty of time. Still up in the air if we'll stay for the evening festivities or not. My non shooting co-driver (wife) may just want to find our hotel after two days of driving with me :D

Larsen, since registration is scheduled to close at 4, my plan is to get there by 3, so plenty of time. Still up in the air if we'll stay for the evening festivities or not. My non shooting co-driver (wife) may just want to find our hotel after two days of driving with me :D

Two DAYS??? She must have the patience of a saint to last more than two hours. :-)

Leaving Alamogordo Thursday morning to head to Anthony tx to get so things taken care of with the new Motorhome.get work done Thursday afternoon either spend night at Rv place or head toward to Phoenix depending when the work is completed on my. I plan on hitting Ben Avery Friday afternoon evening depending on traffic through the Tuscan Phoenix part of I 10 plus unless I feel better about driving the my and trailer I'll be doing 65-70 max so it's a good eight hour drive. Nice thing fuel tank is large and its diesel but I'll need to hit a truck stop prior to hitting Phoenix because of the size of the my 40' plus a 20' trailer I doupt most car fuel stations would accommodate. Plus since I'm a good same member I need to use rhe fuel discount that comes with it. I plan on watching tv if the sat get fixed otherwise I'll download Spector and watch it. But I plan on finding spot 19 go the east campground at Ben Avery. Back in hopefully good enough to park my and trailer at central power locations and my at sewer connection that will work same with fresh water.i have 25' heated fresh water hose, 15' sewer hose, I assume 50' 50 amp for both vehicles trailer hooked up to 30 amp/20amp my to 50 amp. If that doesn't work the trailer has 3500/4000 generator plus solar, mph has solar for coach batts. I hope to setup laser training setup in trailer once ate is unloaded using laptop and projector but that depends if Aimtech which may be at WR brings me a camera and driver disc with him plus a few other items I'm needing to complete my firearm training hardware. One thing the software I have is no longer being sold and supported he partnered with a new software company but will have what supplies he heads in packages and for sale he feel that one sa is a base setup but expects two sas setups to be the base package, then add rifle and shotgun depending on their type of shotgun. A SxS uses a different setup from a 87/97 shotgun. Plus hell will have wbas packages also plus modern stuff that he has on hand. Biggest problem is it's the Chinese New Year and the laser diode comes from there and they are closed. I'll know Monday if he will be attending.

Thanks Dave I hope they show up also find out Monday when I talk to them. I offered to let them use my trailer with projector to demo it but he said a demo was out but if they do show up and can bring a camera and driver disc for me then if anyone wants to see it with the old software that's a pain to use but allows for virtual stage setups no targets taped to the wall. But a photo background with targets where you want them sized to your specs plus multiple stages so you can shoot a ver tubal match with timer and hits displayed.

Got my shotgun shells wiped down and boxed up today for the match, I'm one step closer. Doesn't really take me long to pack, guns, ammo, cart, leather, hats and clothes. I do throw in my traveling tote that has a few extra parts and bachelor buttons and the like too.

If that feller is there, hopefully I can do an interview with him on the system for my you tube channel. Maybe I can talk him out of a few samples to do a more in depth review even :D Ol' Grizz ain't got much money so he's always trying to work the angles... :D

It will take 3 days to get to WR I have to stop at Santa Fe to get Green Chile so I will be all fired up for the match. Every thing is loaded and shoot and tested. I like the mid 80"s and NO SNOW!

I'm not shooting Wild Bunch but my buddy Willie Killem is, and we're both shooting Fire & Ice the weekend before. Lots of lead downrange, for sure!

Archived