SASS Wire Forum

SASS shooting categories

Lone Spur Jake  SASS #7728

I can't seem to find the OFFICIAL list of SASS recognized shooting categories to be used at SASS sanctioned matches anywhere on the SASS website. Can someone tell me where to find them?

What happened to Cattle Barron which was 75+?

It's not an official category, never has been. We call it Cattle Barron around here, maybe other areas call it Range Boss.

For what it's worth, both the 2015 major championships (WR-National and EOT-World) officially recognized Cattle Baron 75+ and Grand Patron 80+ (WR)/Gran Patron 80+ (EOT).

Seems strange that they are recognized in the matches, but not the rules.

For what it's worth, both the 2015 major championships (WR-National and EOT-World) officially recognized Cattle Baron 75+ and Grand Patron 80+ (WR)/Gran Patron 80+ (EOT).

Seems strange that they are recognized in the matches, but not the rules.

EoT recognized FCGF for a few years before it was finally approved (by TG vote) as an "official category"...WR did not.

Any match at any level can add categories beyond those "officially recognized" in the SHB; and/or break out the existing categories by age.

(the regs for subdividing categories by age were finalized last year...e.g. Senior GFs are 60+ year-old competitors who must follow all GF rules)

For various reasons, the TGs (as club reps) are resistant to adding more "officially recognized" categories.

All "official" categories must be offered at the State + level matches (but minimum category participant numbers for recognition/awards may be instituted by the MD).

It's not an official category, never has been. We call it Cattle Barron around here, maybe other areas call it Range Boss.

We call it Range Boss here for the scorekeepers sake RB=range boss CB=cowboy easier to differentiate.

Maybe if we recognized red-headed (its been a while since you could tell) left-handed senior BP Gunfighters, I could win something.

oops, did I say something impolite?

Chancy

Other than senior, I fit that category.

Archived