SASS Wire Forum

Sold--FS: Sharps 45-70, EMF

Jackpine Bill

This is an Italian made Sharps, marked from EMF. (I have other 45-70s and just don't have a need for this one--thought I had a specific purpose when I bought it, but have gone on to other things)

It is 45-70 with 28 in oct barrel, double set triggers, straight grip stock, with decent checkering and weights weighs a little under 10 pounds.

It has a fold down rear sight on the barrel (not a ladder sight; actually looks like the sight on a Ruger 10-22) and a "long range" tang sight. The tang sight is a lower end "vernier" looking sight, but has the hash marks on the staff only and not the true vernier calibration. The overall height of the sight is about 5 inches with about 2 1/2 inch of true travel and about 2" left with a 100 yard zero. The front sight is hooded fixed post.

It is in excellent condition. No scars on the metal. The wood has a very small "cart" ding near the butt, a very small blemish on the fore end and a couple of little "dents" on the front of the comb where the eye cup was folded own with out a cover on it.

I would like to do a face to face sale. I will be at the Midwest Regional in Minnesota next week. Price is $975. (I am currently looking for a Marlin 39 with 24 inch barrel, but would be open to considering most anything that goes bang!! I also have dies, brass and bullets that I would sell for a good price to anyone who buys the rifle.

I do not have photo bucket account to post pictures but can email pics if interested.

Thanks,

Jackpine

Thanks for posting the pictures for me Bob.

I don't care what that good looking bride of yours keeps saying about you; I think you are OK!

Jackpine

Archived