SASS Wire Forum

Real Black Powder Shooters ONLY!

Mad Dog McGee

Speaking for myself......the best analogy I can come up with would be Shooting smokless powder (which I do on a rare occasion) is like eating boiled chicken....bland and tasteless. Nothing like letting loose with both barrels when the opportunity arises.

Hochbauer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking for myself......the best analogy I can come up with would be Shooting smokless powder (which I do on a rare occasion) is like eating boiled chicken....bland and tasteless. Nothing like letting loose with both barrels when the opportunity arises.

Hochbauer

Awesome post!

Well, I shot my first match with blackpowder this weekend. I was very fun until I got home and had to clean all four guns, but well worth it.

I made made my first shotgun shells a few days prior, I didn't know what load would work best so every 2-4 shells was a little warmer than the last ones. My rifle is a 45colt so it was getting a little sticky at the end of stage 2, a few squirts of Balistol in between stages fixed that. Shotgun and revolvers ran great. Had my brand new hat on too, so I was able to add some character to it right off the bat with all the dirty shells landing on top :lol: . I will definitely do it again.

There is only ONE TRUE POWDER, the rest are Propellants!!

Ol' #4

Thanks again Fellow Soot Lords and Soot Ladies, Great Pics and Great Comments !

Let the Flames,Smoke and Boom roll on ! I hope that more youngsters will take up shooting Real BP as they grow older and not let Shooting real BP be a thing of the past !!!

Archived