SASS Wire Forum

Brady Sprung!

Judge tosses ruling by Goodell against Brady, throws out suspension.

I would not want to be the coach of the Ravens or the Colts this season.

Vindication at last!

Oops....sorry....we aren't supposed to promote religion here.....but Brady is a god in N.E.!

Whoopee!!!!

LL

And they say cheaters never prosper........

You can try peeing on my parade, pard.....but everyone in New England has a giant smile on their face today, and no amount of sour grapes will change that! It is, after all, a gosh darn GAME!

Go Pats!!!!!

LL

Now for the never ending appeals!! Bellicheat and the rest in that organization have continuously skirted the rules!! Reminds me of the Kennedys!!! :lol::lol::lol:

If you can be happy and proud with that, I'm all for ya'!! <_<

You can try peeing on my parade, pard.....but everyone in New England has a giant smile on their face today, and no amount of sour grapes will change that! It is, after all, a gosh darn GAME!

Go Pats!!!!!

LL

And all games have rules, if Brady skates it is a black eye for the whole NFL. But if it makes all NE happy - by all means.

Now for the never ending appeals!! Bellicheat and the rest in that organization have continuously skirted the rules!! Reminds me of the Kennedys!!! :lol::lol::lol:

If you can be happy and proud with that, I'm all for ya'!! <_<

Well bless your heart!!! :D:D

LL

And all games have rules, if Brady skates it is a black eye for the whole NFL. But if it makes all NE happy - by all means.

"Skating", as you call it, is a determination by a Federal Judge that the NFL and its Commissioner wrongfully denied Brady a fair hearing in arbitration; that they denied him access to witnesses; that they denied him access to the investigation documents; and that they imposed penalties that were disproportionate and not disclosed to players in advance as a possible consequence of "generally knowing" that someone else might have been messing with the ball. You are correct that there are rules - in this case, rules in the Collective Bargaining Agreement and in Federal law about how an investigation and an arbitration should be properly conducted - and the League violated those rules.

If there are any black eyes to be handed out here, the first one goes to Goodell.

LL

The evidence is all there, assuming Chris Mortensen’s report is correct. Former NFL referee Gerry Austin

was on Mike and Mike this morning and said officials check the PSI of all footballs two hours before the game

. At halftime, New England’s footballs (each team has different balls during the game) were found to be two-to-three pounds lighter.

Someone deflated the balls. There’s no debate here.

Seems to me that Brady knew or should have known the balls had been deflated.

The evidence is all there, assuming Chris Mortensen’s report is correct. Former NFL referee Gerry Austin

was on Mike and Mike this morning and said officials check the PSI of all footballs two hours before the game

. At halftime, New England’s footballs (each team has different balls during the game) were found to be two-to-three pounds lighter.

Someone deflated the balls. There’s no debate here.

Seems to me that Brady knew or should have known the balls had been deflated.

If only it was that straight-forward. Mortensen took down his infamous tweet after it became clear that he was wrong about the supposed differences in pressures. Basically, the League screwed up the entire "testing" procedure, and the data is so flawed that no one can be certain what the situation actually was. According to some non-League scientists, the testing procedure ignored temperature change as a factor in ball pressure. There are reports that 3 of the 4 Colt's balls tested were also low, and the other 8 were mysteriously never tested. Who's on first????

Bottom line - it's over. The suspension has been nullified because of the flawed process used by the League. The NFL's appeal is a non-starter.

Time to play football and move on!

LL

The fact that they won the game and actually played BETTER in the second half when the footballs were inflated properly tells ya two things! The Pats are the champs and Brady is an awesome quarterback!!! Too bad Brady haters! :lol:

I think Brady is a great quaterback, but I also think he cheated, dont know why as there was no need. But the NFL is private business and government has no place in it, if Goodell wants to ban him forever - so be it, Ask Pete Rose. The league has to police itself to retain its integrity. Brady will likley still see some kind of punishment.

"Skating", as you call it, is a determination by a Federal Judge that the NFL and its Commissioner wrongfully denied Brady a fair hearing in arbitration; that they denied him access to witnesses; that they denied him access to the investigation documents; and that they imposed penalties that were disproportionate and not disclosed to players in advance as a possible consequence of "generally knowing" that someone else might have been messing with the ball. You are correct that there are rules - in this case, rules in the Collective Bargaining Agreement and in Federal law about how an investigation and an arbitration should be properly conducted - and the League violated those rules.

If there are any black eyes to be handed out here, the first one goes to Goodell.

LL

Still a cheater....

The fact that they won the game and actually played BETTER in the second half when the footballs were inflated properly tells ya two things! The Pats are the champs and Brady is an awesome quarterback!!! Too bad Brady haters! :lol:

Sorry, you don't have to be a "Brady hater" to dislike cheaters.

Wow,

If y'all ain't bad mouthin ea other about one thing it's another. GENTLEMEN, Let's turn the corner here, be respectful of each other and keep this forum a place where cowboys can come to get away from the real world and all it's political crap. If ya can not play nice with each other, then as your Mamma would say "SHAME ON YOU". Just sayin.

I'm in agreement with the decision of the court. The evidence was very questionable. Brady was denied due process. What I don't understand is this; Where does the fact that the referee who touches the ball before every play come in? He is the one charged along with the other referees to enforce the game rules. Brady, the quarterback in this case, doesn't touch the ball on every play. It's not even the same center. (long snap centers etc). But, the referee always touches the ball before each and every play. If the ball was under inflated as the evidence shows, why didn't the referee notice it? What was he doing?

The whole thing was a sham. Cheating or "bending" the rules has and will always go on in sports. Heck, Tommy Thompson and the NY Giants had stolen the signals of the Dodgers catchers and the scoreboard guy was signaling them into the Giant batters. That's how Thompson knew the pitch and hit the home run in the famous 50's playoff game. It goes on and on.

Are not the referees or umpires charged with the rules of the game during the game? It's not something to debate later.

If the "rule keepers" are that incompetent they along with Goodell should be replaced.

One more thing. Brady in my opinion is a good quarterback but he had nothing to do with the Super Bowl win. Seattle with an arrogant incompetent coach lost the game with a classic stupid call.

Archived