SASS Wire Forum

TG Talking points

Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L

You don't need to be a CC to vote or state an opinion on CC.

Phantom

No you don't but they did want the opinions of those who do shoot it and I think that is the way it should be because otherwise you are effecting others but not yourself.

No you don't but they did want the opinions of those who do shoot it and I think that is the way it should be because otherwise you are effecting others but not yourself.

Don't you understand that one of the draws to SASS/CAS is the ability to play in different categories? Based on what you just said, I would say you don't. I've never shot B-Western...nor CC. Doesn't mean I won't in the future...it's my GAME too...so my opinion on categories that I don't shoot yet matter just as much as someone that's shooting it today, but may not be shooting it tomorrow.

Really...

Phantom

I've shot them both, CC BW and GF, and FCGF,,, leave em be....

Hmmm... Maybe it was in all innocence, but I wonder why ask the question here? A simple query to one's TG should have garnered the same answer as PWB provided. And avoided the pointless angst amongst some of the most insecure members in all of SASSdom. I mean it, really, if you have a look @ the general population, the men wearing bright shirts w/tassles, stitching & sequins on their shirts & pantaloons have ALREADY come outta the closet! And come on, you really think that a bunch of guys that cut the seat & crotch out of a pair of leather britches and try to compensate by hanging some frilly, shiny, bits of metal that tinkle, ring & jingle like my grandmother's wind chimes off their high heels, are actually self-confident manly men? Of course folks are going to get defensive when it's their ox getting gored! And talk about sensitive, all you have to do is type "Frontiersman" and all you'll read for weeks is their favorite whine: "...leave us aloooone." Which is pretty appropriate, because at most matches, that's what they are; ALONE!

So that same logic should apply to WB, yes?

Sure hope I didn't offend anyone, if so...

I don't have a horse in this race, but I don't understand the desire to make the changes. Classic Cowboy is a popular category and a lot of folks have fun with it.

I have toyed with the idea of maybe trying it someday, I have most of the costume stuff needed, but to suddenly add the need for chaps and spurs would rule me out.

So would ruling out the 87. My Parker doesn't have hammers.

This seems to me to be a bad idea that would in the long run cause more than a few folks to drop the category and dissuade others from even wanting to try it.

Archived