SASS Wire Forum

2nd Photo of Billy the Kid

Subdeacon Joe

Nice. Not as good as my photo of Elvis getting on the space ship....... but pretty cool.

;)

This collector has a track record of "discovering" BtK items. The photo he found about a year ago in Northeastern New Mexico was debunked.

Jimmy Hoffa, Judge Crater, Amelia Earhart, and I were discussing this picture at a barbeque at the Judges estate in Atlantis just the other night. We decided that Billy was for sure dead by now so what does it matter whose picture that really is?

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE.

We have to have something to put on the web.

If it appears on the web, it must be true.

Kinda like AS SEEN ON TV.

It COULD be Billy!

Billy Nelson, Claude and Myra Nelson's little boy.

They didn't show who but they did say they also identified most of the other people in the picture.

They first identified that the photo is an authentic tintype image. Then the FBI guy used photo recognition software to identify and confirm Billy....

Now if I was going to spend $X,XXX,XXX on a photo I'm sure I or the auction company would identify my own team to authenticate.

There was a painting that someone thought was an unsigned painting done by a Master as in Da Vinci. IT took them something like 3 years to confirm it.

Who knows, maybe it's real.

Ike

I believe this photo was in Wild West or True West a couple months ago and they don't believe it's Billy.

FOLKS

got a dumb question , being as I don't know anything about tin types ,

just how hard would it be to fake one ?

knowing it happens to guns , and most everything else , just gotta wonder

Chickasaw

There are a number of photographers who do tintypes these days. How hard it is to tell one from an original I don't know.

Archived