SASS Wire Forum

Cimmarron Eliminator Series Revolvers

Wild Will Bartell

I read about these, and they seem like some new, interesting toys to play with in GF Class.

Anyone have any experience with these, or with so-called 'short stroke' revolvers in general?

Inquiring minds want to know...

WWB

If you have not meet Widder you need too

Great and he's ok as a gunfighter too

I played with one of those gun

Never shot it but the hammer was heavy

All could be turned of course

I would just have a set of rugers short stoked

Billy the Avenger

I would love to meet Widder sometime - I have a sick Marlin that could use some fixin', and I understand he's the man for the job.

Any idea what the cost factor would be for short-stroking a couple of Rugers? This is all new to me.

WWB

Have we met??? :lol:

Not yet...but the pleasure would be all mine.

I found humor of your usage of the words 'GF class' because SASS doesn't have any classes but they do have categories. I just thought that was kinda funny about 'GF class'... :lol:

'GF class' makes a good oxymoron..... Kinda like 'Military Intelligence'.

As far as Marlin's go, I try to help out best I can. There are some great Marlin smiths in SASS/CAS but a lot of them have started dedicating themselves to pistols and other rifles like the 66 and 73. My guess is that when Marlin sold out to Remington and quality suffered, parts were hard (if not impossible) to get and therefore, trying to fix some of them became fruitless.

As for pricing on short stroked pistols, I agree with Billy on those price ranges.

And let me add that Billy The Avenger has done his own Widdermatic for his wife and he did one heck of a good job.

..........Widder

Archived