SASS Wire Forum

Enough is enough

Attica Jack  #23953

Lets move on here. SASS has increased its membership fee to $65. If it is warranted or not, doesn't matter, the fee is now $65. It is up to each individual shooter, if they want to stay a SASS member or not. I have expressed my 2 cents worth. Bottom line, you want to be a member of SASS pay, $65, if not, drop out, very simple.

+100% Jack.

You're whinging about $65 !!

Myself and many others are international members, have you checked the fee there?

Plus just to come to EOT costs about $5000.00 how many local shoots could you do with that?

At the end of the day SASS is cheap.!!

Yup...and if enough don't re up maybe that will send a message...

Most of the folks complaining about the rate increase will not carry the tourch of Sass out. It will be up to us grasshoppers to carry it along and we dont care about the increase.

Gentleman load your guns!

Let's see:

45,000 for a fifth wheel

4,000 in guns and leather (one set of each)

5,000 in reloading equipment and supplies

45-150 in match fees

Fuel, food, vendors, fun

and you're bitching about a measly $65.00

Next shooter please.

Hey Ramrod (-) the camper instead put ( hotels/motels) by my calculations yer a might short on the gun bill!! Because if there is one thing being in SASS does, it causes most of us a horrible gun buying addiction!!!!

And no I don't need an intervention, but I could use a small loan for something I've got my eye on!!! SASS/CAS the best excuse to buy guns that's come down the road!!!

Spades H. Nope! I can't shoot more than 2 at a time so what!!! Gotta have some backups right..

Lets move on here. SASS has increased its membership fee to $65. If it is warranted or not, doesn't matter, the fee is now $65. It is up to each individual shooter, if they want to stay a SASS member or not. I have expressed my 2 cents worth. Bottom line, you want to be a member of SASS pay, $65, if not, drop out, very simple.

+1,000,000 Don't like the meal, well don't eat there.

Let's see:

45,000 for a fifth wheel

45-150 in match fees

Fuel, food, vendors, fun

Next shooter please.

What? in addition to the fee increase I have to buy a fifth wheel? :o:lol::lol:

What? in addition to the fee increase I have to buy a fifth wheel? :o:lol::lol:

I chuckled to myself. ^_^

Fillmore

Let's see:

45,000 for a fifth wheel

45-150 in match fees

Fuel, food, vendors, fun

Next shooter please.

Not sure it's the campers that are complaining about the increase, but excellent point. Oh, you forgot the cost of a diesel truck to pull the 5th wheel.

Let's see:

45,000 for a fifth wheel

45-150 in match fees

Fuel, food, vendors, fun

Next shooter please.

OK. Got all those expenses, plus the diesel dually truck to pull the 5th wheel. Set of guns and leather; backup set of guns; then, backups to the backups.

1,800 miles, round trip to EOT. 2,400 miles, round trip to Winter Range. Hammer down, 7 miles to the gallon equals 600 gallons of diesel. At the new low, low price of $2.50 per gallon, that's $1,500 in fuel just for the two big shoots. Then four new tires cause I drove too fast cause I was excited to get there - around $600. (That's two for each match so far - historical data unfortunately). Then, there is the issue of replacing the blown out wheel skirting on the 5th wheel. I don't even want to think about that expense(s). I swear I'm going to slow down in the future, so that doesn't really count. New carburetor and service for the generator while at EOT.

Oh, food and adult beverages for my shooting pards. Vendors, yeah the vendors. And, the swap meets.

So, how much exactly is my annual shooting budget going up because of that SASS dues increase. I think I'm gonna complain.

How much do I spend on this sport - way too damn much. How much was wasted - not a penny.

Went to LT truck tires at suggestion of RV dealer. That is what he did and no problems and I have had no issues eather. Just completed 3500 miles trip running 67 most times and no tire heat up or issues. 3/4 ton dodge 4 wheel drive 10-11 miles to gallon with edge programmer. Now 67.00 dallors, spend that much on good dinner for wife and I. Would spend and have a lot more than this for fun, just saying!

Let's see:

45,000 for a fifth wheel

45-150 in match fees

Fuel, food, vendors, fun

Next shooter please.

Way under budget on the guns and leather. I am sure you are working on improving that line item :D

I don't have the 5th. wheel, and I am closer to 20,000 for guns, and if I get the 3 I'm looking at add another 3,000.

I'm closer to 10.000 reloading gear, but the rest is close.

But the bad thing is I have been unable to shoot for the last 2 years due to bad knees and shoulder repairs.

Archived