SASS Wire Forum

Walther pp in 32

Train Robber 13659

I have no idea where to pick .32ACP up other than online, but it seems the consensus has been to go for penetration with it, hence FMJ. Fiocchi evidently makes a good round for it.

Howdy,

Over the years Ive known some folks who load different types of ammo.

In other words one fmj, one or two hollow points, another fmj.....

No law saying all your rounds must match.

And a 32 in your hand beats a 44mag in your dresser at home.

Best

CR

When I first started to carry, I toted a 1903 Colt 32, loaded with Silvertips.

I have since come to the conclusion that what Doc said is right. Although I no longer CARRY a 32, if I happen to shoot someone with any of my 32s (Colt, Walther, Savage or Ortgies), it'll be ball. I really doubt a 32 is gonna go fast enough for a hollowpoint to open, and there is no question of mis-feeds with ball.

Howdy,

I have heard of 9mm hollowpoints not opening when hitting a wall.

So one might TEST them before betting ones life???

Maybe a waterbottle inside a leather jacket from the thrift store?

Might be fun.

Best

CR

Looking for suggestions on the best .32 ACP ammo for defense. I know .32 is not much for defense

but I figure to have the most effective rounds for each of my guns not just my 45's.

Would also like info on sources of the best deals.

Thanks

Train Robber

CorBon DPX is hot stuff, and even if it doesn't expand (and it should) - it's supposed to leave the muzzle around 1000 f/s, so it should at least penetrate a bit!

.32 auto's are great to shoot as they recoil much less than a .380 in the same blowback designs. In Europe police departments used to use them, unlike here in the US

where you need a .45 to stop a bad guy! :D

SC

Just make sure you're properly dressed when packing that Walther. ;)

Jamesbondconnerywalther.jpg

Thanks for all the responses.

UB you are too much fun ! Any progress on the Mitchel?

A packrat stole the cockpit deck assembly. He liked the creek phosphate color I guess.:D Took me weeks to find it. Going to start work on it again when the winter hits. Too much to do now.

Check last year's FBI data aboutnpenetration and expension. None of the .32 ACP met both the 12" penetration and 50% expansion.

I would opt for CorBon loads if the Walther. The 71 grain fmj ball would not be far behind. Both are probably 50% one-shot stoppers in the chest so central nervous system shots are more important.

This would not be my first choice, even though I carried one for a couple of years. I prefer the .380 in my Bodyguard.

Check out Evan Marshall's research on actual gunfight one shot stops. IIRC the Silvertip was the top .32 ACP load. I have an old Colt 1903 but don't care to carry it being a hammerless .32. Must be the slickest little pistol ever built as far as nothing to snag on clothing.

JHC

Archived