SASS Wire Forum

Kids these days..

Captain Bill Burt

Sharyn and I took the kids to the range today. Three of them anyway. I wanted to work on my skills with my new Glock 26 particularly since I just picked up a holster for it.

It didn't surprise me that the Iron Cowboy nonchalantly hit pretty much whatever he wanted to with the Glock, his Uberti Lightenings, the Bearcats, the Henry and the 10/22, he has reached the ripe old age of 10 after all and has been shooting for three years.

But his younger brother Johnathan picked up the Henry and went 10/10 on a 12x14 at 10 yards and then 4/5 on 6 inch targets at 10 yards...with a Bearcat! He's five years old and has never shot before! Admittedly I was helping him stabilize the guns, but he was doing all the trigger work and aiming himself. My wife and I were looking at each other like, did he really just do that? I'll post some pics later.

It was really fun. Interesting too. My daughter handles guns like her mother, hesitant, and sometimes a bit unsure. My wife actually limp-wristed the Glock enough to make it jam, which has never happened with me. It might have been the trigger, not sure what she was doing there. The 10 year old took it and dumped 12 into the target with no problem. The boys are like dad, give me the gun and let's shoot.

Archived