SASS Wire Forum

conversion cyls for Ruger Old Army

Train Robber 13659

Howdy:

I have the Howe cylinders. They also work just fine - Had a very slight fit problem - two strokes of a fine file solved that issue. Worked fine after that.

STL Suomi

All of mine are R & D / Kenny Howell.

I have them in both blued & stainless.

I like them very much

Happy Trails makes hardened replacement firing pins for them if they ever need replacing.

--Dawg

I asked an experienced shooter/ gunsmith who did not sell either one, which one he thought was best. He thought the single Kirst firing pin was the better design, so I bought two Kirsts and have no complaints. Each one can drop into my six different ROAs and work perfectly with no fitting needed.

I have the R&D ones from Taylor's. The fit and worked fine. Bought them here on the wire used, so don't know if other guy did anything to them? But the work fine in my pistols.

Hi Train Robber

I have one of the R&D conversion cyl on my Ruger. Works just fine. If you come out to any of the local matches I can bring it out for you to check out.

Snake-eye

My brace of old ROAs have Kirst Konverter 45 Colt cylinders. They are as robust as the Ruger guns. Never a glitch, never a failure. The single firing pin is flawless. I also have one in Stainless that I like to shoot Cowboy 45 Special black powder ammo in.

DD-MDA

Archived