SASS Wire Forum

Time to say farewell to SASS

Dewey Cheatem, SASS #75620

I've been anguishing over this decision for awhile but it's time to hang up my leather and focus more on my family. With job situations and lack of getting to shoot it's time. I will shoot AR state and Hellfire and then will be selling my gear. I can't thank everyone individually as I will miss someone so THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FRIENDSHIPS AND EXTENDED FAMILY IVE RECEIVED FROM SASS. Thank you to the TBone, Nuttin Graceful, Billy Boots, the Dooley Gang and others that have taught me so much and helped me thru hard times. Thank you to Aint Dunit for all the great leatherwork, friendship, and anyone else I may have forgotten. I will always remember the great times.

DC

Dewey.

I sure hate to hear this. But I do understand.

Hope we keep in touch.

Will sure miss shooting with and against you.

My new job has been very demanding with lots of hours . And my SASS

shooting has/is slowing down also.

Keep in touch.

Part of a larger set if circumstances I suspect!! Take good care of that lovely wife and all those young'uns, and know that you can call on my family and me at any time, my brother.

hate to hear that Dewey,,, but at the same time glad,,,,, those younguns are small for just a lil while...

I can understand and appreciate family.....God and family come first. Sometimes something has to happen to make us realize and appreciate the ones we love. I wish you well and that you find what it takes to deal with the challenges that life gives you.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow, enjoy your family, worship your God and I hope to see you again one day.

KK

I a m so thrilled to have shot with you in March.

You are one of the best men that I know.

I love keeping up with you and Kathryn and the kids.

Know this my brother, my door is always open and if you need anything, holler.

I've been anguishing over this decision for awhile but it's time to hang up my leather and focus more on my family. With job situations and lack of getting to shoot it's time. I will shoot AR state and Hellfire and then will be selling my gear. I can't thank everyone individually as I will miss someone so THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FRIENDSHIPS AND EXTENDED FAMILY IVE RECEIVED FROM SASS. Thank you to the TBone, Nuttin Graceful, Billy Boots, the Dooley Gang and others that have taught me so much and helped me thru hard times. Thank you to Aint Dunit for all the great leatherwork, friendship, and anyone else I may have forgotten. I will always remember the great times.

DC

Yup.

Fillmore

Dewey, I have missed the last 2 years of shooting because of my health and know how hard this decision is to make.

I hope to have a good year next year. But it may be my last as all the things I did to this body when I was young, have come back to haunt me

But all the horses , fast cars, and even fast Ladies were fun back then

HI Dewey,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you will reconsider selling your gear as your financial situation could improve to the point where you may wish to rejoin.

I am in awe of how polite and mature the children are who have grown up in this sport.

It was a pleasure to meet you and follow your family on FB.

Regards,

Allie

Dewey my boy I am sure going to miss you. I also am having difficulty finding time to go shoot. I know this decesion comes very hard but we understand. Phantom is right you will be back. Gunslinger used to tell me all the time take the game slow and shoot when you can. Most of us working folk only have a few days of freedom in the month and that time gets filled up pretty quick with non sass events. Good luck in the future and keep in touch.

Sorry to see you go, but for me SASS is part of my family, can't let them go.

You said it brother, hell there are times we may agree to disagree, but you are a very special person in my life.

I greatly appreciate all the kind words. I truly means a lot to me and my family. I most likely will be back down the road but it's just not feasible at this time with a growing family, work requirements, and finances. I'm not leaving because I want to but sometimes it is what it is and you have to do what you gotta do.

I will stay in touch and visit the SASS Wire until I can return and afford for my whole family to shoot.

DC

I greatly appreciate all the kind words. I truly means a lot to me and my family. I most likely will be back down the road but it's just not feasible at this time with a growing family, work requirements, and finances. I'm not leaving because I want to but sometimes it is what it is and you have to do what you gotta do.

I will stay in touch and visit the SASS Wire until I can return and afford for my whole family to shoot.

DC

:) I hope so! :wub:

Dewey, please try and keep all your guns and equipment if there is any way you can. Guns tend to appreciate in value better than most stocks or bonds. It will cost a lot to get back into the game, but you will be coming back someday soon.

Although I've never had the chance to meet you and your family in person, I know your kids have learned much by participating in this great sport, and that you and your family will be missed.

I'm sure that more is involved than just the membership fees, but if that is the major reason, consider taking up Silver Shadow's offer to pay the SASS dues that has been offered if that will allow you and the family to stay for even one more year at this time.

Good luck in the future.

I can understand and appreciate family.....God and family come first. Sometimes something has to happen to make us realize and appreciate the ones we love. I wish you well and that you find what it takes to deal with the challenges that life gives you.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow, enjoy your family, worship your God and I hope to see you again one day.

KK

Ditto

Archived