SASS Wire Forum

Remember the "Reloading" Trailer I was building....

Rancho Roy

Last month I was building a "Reloading / Gun Room" trailer to haul out to Texas and points south to escape the brutal New England weather. I got some great ideas and suiggestions from folks on this forum. I wrote about it somewhere on this forum.Well, I got it all done and then this presented itself:

00606_7J1D41uEmkh_600x450-vi.jpg

A Deal I couldn't refuse! It is a "Toy Hauler". The rear opens up with a ramp to load a motorcycle or four wheeler and it has lots of room to set up a reloading bench.

AND IT HAS A REAL SHOWER!!!!

Sold the Pickup truck camper and the Reloading Trailer in 24 hours!

See you down in Texas in November!

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Very good Roy. Although someone got some real nice work on that reloading trailer. Sure hope you make it to visit us @ LSFSC/CVV.

You call "In the 30s" cold?........You ain't seen cold until it is about 5 degrees.....after that it's "Damn Cold!"

I thought I posted the finished pictures......I'll get it done!

You bet I'll stop in TN. Was in Memphis last week and Nashville three weeks ago. I have lots of customers in TN. A good reason to spend some time there shoot'n!

Be sure to stop near Oakwood, Texas and shoot at the Oakwood Outlaws. Oakwood is east of Buffalo, Tx which is south of Dallas on I45. Beautiful range with indoor air conditioned/heated bathrooms and RV parking with and without utilities (except sewer).

Just north of Houston outside Magnolia try Thunder River Renegades. We are in the process of moving our range, but are still shooting monthly matches. Should be finished by this fall. No RV facilities, but you might be able to dry camp for a few days. Check the website and contact the president, Black Powder Burn or our secretary, Cheyenne Ranger who knows everything about our club and posts here on the Wire.

Near Austin, in Lockhart the Plum Creek Shooting Society is a beautiful place to shoot. Has RV parking available some with water and I believe electricity. Lovely pavilion and serves breakfast and lunch on shoot days. Also the Lockhart State Park is right around the corner from the range. Great bunch of people to shoot with. Lockhart has some of the BEST Texas Bar B Que.

If you are in Austin, check out Phantom's gun store, Storied Firearms. He really is a nice guy and great shooter.

There are lots of other great clubs in Texas, I just know about these from personal experience. Hope you find your stay in Texas warm, but not too hot, and enjoyable. Hope to be able to meet you someday at one of the local clubs.

Thanks Lorelei! Great info. I printed it out.

My plan WAS to drive down in the truck camper and buy this Toy Hauler down there or on the way. Lots of them on the used market in Ohio / Indiana area. I've been looking for over a year and you just don't see this model in New England. Then last week two of them show up in Connecticut! This one, 2011 and a 2013. The 2013 was asking $13K and this one was asking $10K....I got it for $9K....And it is absolutely like new!

Kid...I hear ya on the weather in Texas. I spend at least a week every month down there. Just got back from Dallas a couple weeks ago and 100+ degrees!! (See you in NY?)

The military doesn't think it's cold until 60 below zero or that's the only time I saw them cancel the winter exercise for it being too cold. My car thought it was too cold also and jumped time

Ps if you want a nice winter with a lot of shooting try phoneix, actually around the black crayon area where Ben Avery is. You got several clubs in the area plus the Nationals. A lot stay at pion Rv park a couple of exits to the north of ba.

Looks great, something I may be looking at next year.

Roy,

Come shoot 2nd and/or 5th Saturdays with the Texas Riviera Pistoleros, about 1/2 way between San Antonio and Corpus. Not only will you be able t shoot with us, we will feed you a great lunch at the range afterwards, Plenty of time for bragging and wondering how anybody could miss a target that big and close! As an added bonus, for wire pards from out of state, Come shoot and i'll pay your match fee!

Archived