SASS Wire Forum

SASS Membership Fees

Tommy Reb

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - quoted hidden post
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - quoted hidden post

To assume is to "take for granted, or suppose", I would only need the facts if I said that this is the truth! I simply said I assume. Maybe you ought to check with a dictionary before you go telling people what to say! :wacko:

OK

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - insult

To assume is to "take for granted, or suppose", I would only need the facts if I said that this is the truth! I simply said I assume. Maybe you ought to check with a dictionary before you go telling people what to say! :wacko:

uh...yea...

Did you say you assume that $600 is to high?

Too funny...why yer on a mission to show how SASS is ripping folks off is beyond my comprehension.

Phantom

I would assume that some of the expenses that SASS has to keep the wire running is volunteered by some members or at least discounted. Just a guess on my part and I could very well be way off target! :)

Hey Rye, I heard that too and I'm sure the moderators here on the wire are pretty much underpaid... as in zero. :) what I was specifically getting is the infrastructure... the hardware, software, services etc. that I'm sure are not donated. I just know it takes a lot to keep an internet presence plus an office.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - insult

I would assume that some of the expenses that SASS has to keep the wire running is volunteered by some members or at least discounted. Just a guess on my part and I could very well be way off target! :)

I can't believe this. You are gripping about $20.00 and then assume somebody else is sacrificing so you can gripe about it and talk SASS down on their forum.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - quoted hidden post
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - quoted hidden post

uh...yea...

Too funny...why yer on a mission to show how SASS is ripping folks off is beyond my comprehension.

Phantom

I love Phantom....

At least then I have 7 gallons of gas or a couple of Big Macs instead of a wallet card nobody asks to see and my fourteenth SASS Sheriff decal, absolutely no other personal benefit......

I didn't know we get a wallet card. Or at least I didn't think I knew that, but then I opened up my wallet and there it was. It must not get used much since I didn't even know it was there. The new SASS decal is pretty cool looking though.

SASS and CAS are the cheapest hobby I have ever had.Bass fishing was a lot more money to do at a high level.Running a A fuel dragster when Nitro got to be $28.50 a gal and it took 6 gals to warm up and make a pass and if you made the field it took 7 passes to make it to the final.I have had more fun shooting in SASS than any of the other hobbies I have had.I was making a lot more money than I do now.I have been buying and selling guns to pay for my CAS guns.I will just have to sell a few more guns to play longer.The people that I have got to meet at shoots are like family to me and I don't want to lose any of my SASS family.I wish that all this BS would go away and we could just play together like friends and family.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - No reason given

uh...yea...

Phantom

No I said I assume that SASS probably gets some volunteers or maybe a discount for the IT part of the wire. I said I think (my personal opinion) that $600.00 is a little high for the ad you must take out to put on a State or above level shoot. I know a local club that this has affected so I'm curious. If you think my being curious is saying SASS is ripping folks off, Well…remember YOU said that I didn't!

I don't know that for sure but I assume since there are so many members volunteering their time for all kinds of different jobs (including myself). I would assume there are some folks helping out. If I was an IT guy I would certainly help. I've been a member of SASS since 1997 and I will continue to be despite people like you. I'm not on a mission I simply would like to know about how this org is run and where OUR money goes!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - No reason given

And we all know that there is no reason to support anything if there are no little goodies that one can pocket.

So many folks just wantwantwant...ya know, I want there to be a sanctioning body around to keep this game going.

And do you reeeeealy need anymore Big Macs?

Phantom

Phantom,

It was you that brought up Big Macs, I haven't eaten one in twenty years, didn't realize my belt size was pertinent to the current discussion. Should have realized it always comes down to a personal attack with you, as rational debate doesn't appear to hold any appeal.

For some membership makes sense, for others it does not. Belittling or cyber bullying those who don't have your point of view does nothing to promote SASS or Texas cowboy action shooters, but then a reasonable individual knows you don't truly represent either.

I do not believe he bullied or belittled anyone on this entire thread, don't blame him for telling the truth, and for the record, he does as much or more to promote SASS and Cowboy Action shooter s everywhere than anyone I know.

I do disagree with him on the Big Macs, I do love those Da*n things!

I do not believe he bullied or belittled anyone on this entire thread, don't blame him for telling the truth, and for the record, he does as much or more to promote SASS and Cowboy Action shooter s everywhere than anyone I know.

He belittles everyone that doesn't agree with him! Certainly not the "cowboy way" :wacko:

I am amazed at the amount of ME, ME, ME, and I, I, I on this and other threads about this increase in dues / fees or whatever you want to call it. OUR sport / hobby needs a governing body to survive! If SASS needs an additional $20 a year to stay afloat than those that enjoy the fun, entertainment and comradery it provides should step up to the plate!

Side note, if you can't afford the extra $0.39 a week, to support something you enjoy, you probably shouldn't be shooting to begin with!

Whiskey Kid, standing by, waiting to get flamed! 😎

It's not an extra $0.39 a week, it's a full payment of $65 all at once instead of $45 all at once. For some people that matters. For others it doesn't.

On a lighter note!!

'If' the extra $20 issue was rewrapped and resold for med's for PWB and his rock steady handling of 'YOU MAKE THE CALL', there would be much less fuss about the increase in fees.

So PWB, what is the call on this increase in dues? Seems when you speak, people shut up,,,, for awhile

Just saying.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - quoted insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 1, 2015 - quoted insult

Phantom,

It was you that brought up Big Macs, I haven't eaten one in twenty years, didn't realize my belt size was pertinent to the current discussion. Should have realized it always comes down to a personal attack with you, as rational debate doesn't appear to hold any appeal.

For some membership makes sense, for others it does not. Belittling or cyber bullying those who don't have your point of view does nothing to promote SASS or Texas cowboy action shooters, but then a reasonable individual knows you don't truly represent either.

+1

On a lighter note!!

'If' the extra $20 issue was rewrapped and resold for med's for PWB and his rock steady handling of 'YOU MAKE THE CALL', there would be much less fuss about the increase in fees.

I appreciate the thought!

Currently off the meds (antibiotics and painkillers) except for vitamins, but have infusion therapy for the GPA rescheduled now that the MRSA infection is under control.

So PWB, what is the call on this increase in dues? Seems when you speak, people shut up,,,, for awhile

That didn't appear to work this time...see post #69 way back on page 2.

Just saying.

;)

On a lighter note!!

Just saying.

:lol:

He belittles everyone that doesn't agree with him! Certainly not the "cowboy way" :wacko:

No he doesn't, he speaks his mind which is refreshing in this time of political correctness.

No he doesn't, he speaks his mind which is refreshing in this time of political correctness.

Well I'll agree to disagree, look at some of his posts! Nuff said………...

Well I'll agree to disagree, look at some of his posts! Nuff said………...

Well look at some of yours.

Several of the belittling/bullying posts have been deleted by administrators. I'm no fan of political correctness, myself, but mocking a wheelchair-bound shooter's alias by calling him "Short Bus" and assuming another shooter doesn't "reeeeealy need any more Big Macs" goes a step beyond speaking one's mind. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with one another - differing opinions can offer new perspective, and debate can encourage growth and give life to new ideas. Taking things to a personal level is either an attempt to derail the topic or the mark of someone who has not fully considered his/her position or lacks a solid argument.

We all hold an interest in the recent and coming changes. Whether as members, investors or customers of SASS the changes affect us all in varying degrees. This whole issue seems to be less about finances and more about members feeling as though they have been left in the dark and out of the decision-making process, which poses additional concerns. It leaves some members, particularly those who have not opted for life memberships, with an uneasy feeling and a loss of trust in the organization. Questions have been asked, and some answers have been given, but further clarification is needed before SASS can rebuild member confidence. For instance:

• Are SASS members true "members" of the organization (with a voice, a vote and right to disclosure), or customers purchasing a retail product/service?
  • Where, specifically, is revenue from membership dues being used? It has been clarified that member finances were/have not been used in the acquisition/maintenance of Founder's Ranch. No actual are numbers provided in the Expenditure list posted. It remains unanswered whether or not membership dues are being used to subsidize the "Events" expenses, or if those expenses are fully covered by the participants' entry fees.
  • How much consideration was given to how the new methods of revenue generation affect Life, Annual and New members differently and disproportionately?

These matters might not be important to everyone, and that's fine. I, regardless of member/customer designation, remain interested.

I can't believe that after spending thousands of dollars to participate in our sport, the great gnashing of teeth, and wailing I'm reading about a $20 raise in annual dues.

For people that do not attend State and above matches, what does the $45 + $20 get ya is one of the questions.

How about you finding one of those small struggling 9 person clubs in the NE that the gentlemen wrote a very candid post about, and sent that club $20 to cover their expenses to SASS. In return, maybe they will allow you to shoot their annual at regular price. Kinda see the similarities? :huh:

Some don't spend thousands. If a person is in a position in their life that they can then good for you. The Lord has truly blessed you. I know shooters that are shooting whatever they can afford. Pistols that don't match. Rifles that have no fancy short stroke or action job. Some don't have backups if a gun breaks. Some build their own gun carts because they can't afford Rugged Gear. Some that borrow guns because they can't afford their own. Some don't have a fancy Dillion for every caliber. Some make their own clothes because they can't afford to buy Frontier Classics, Wah Maker or Scully.

Let's stop looking down our noses at them because of this and constantly criticizing them. This isn't high school anymore and everyone is divided into the haves and have not cliques. I'm a proud man and I will help anyone and do anything for my home club. I'll admit right here and right now that I work a good job and I bring home a decent pay check but I wouldn't have half the stuff for this sport if it wasn't for my family and one of the best pads I've ever had the pleasure to shoot with, Doc Fillem.

Whether he has found a good deal for me or my family buying something that I need and letting me pay them back. It has taken me 3½ years to get where I am now with what I have. No person should EVER be belittled for trying but I have here and so have so many others.

I read one post where they said "ride for the brand or get the hell out." What kind of attitude is that in a sport that is supposed to welcome anyone to join the fun?

I find it perplexing how people with life memberships tell people to stop complaining about $20 when it's not going to affect their wallet at all. That $20 a person adds up quick when there is a family involved.

People have their reasons whether it is principle or the fact that they just can't spare it. People need to stop saying that it's just a few burgers less or don't drink Starbucks as much. When in fact they probably don't do that at all to begin with and sacrifice a lot just to be part of this sport. Maybe they need this sport to get their minds off life in general.

I can't believe that after spending thousands of dollars to participate in our sport, the great gnashing of teeth, and wailing I'm reading about a $20 raise in annual dues.

My thought exactly. The average shooter spends more than $20.00 to attend a single monthly, even if he has mismatched pistols, an old 97 and a 92 rifle.

To me the real question is what do we get for our membership fee.

Some don't spend thousands. If a person is in a position in their life that they can then good for you. The Lord has truly blessed you. I know shooters that are shooting whatever they can afford. Pistols that don't match. Rifles that have no fancy short stroke or action job. Some don't have backups if a gun breaks. Some build their own gun carts because they can't afford Rugged Gear. Some that borrow guns because they can't afford their own. Some don't have a fancy Dillion for every caliber. Some make their own clothes because they can't afford to buy Frontier Classics, Wah Maker or Scully.

Let's stop looking down our noses at them because of this and constantly criticizing them. This isn't high school anymore and everyone is divided into the haves and have not cliques. I'm a proud man and I will help anyone and do anything for my home club. I'll admit right here and right now that I work a good job and I bring home a decent pay check but I wouldn't have half the stuff for this sport if it wasn't for my family and one of the best pads I've ever had the pleasure to shoot with, Doc Fillem.

Whether he has found a good deal for me or my family buying something that I need and letting me pay them back. It has taken me 3½ years to get where I am now with what I have. No person should EVER be belittled for trying but I have here and so have so many others.

I read one post where they said "ride for the brand or get the hell out." What kind of attitude is that in a sport that is supposed to welcome anyone to join the fun?

I find it perplexing how people with life memberships tell people to stop complaining about $20 when it's not going to affect their wallet at all. That $20 a person adds up quick when there is a family involved.

People have their reasons whether it is principle or the fact that they just can't spare it. People need to stop saying that it's just a few burgers less or don't drink Starbucks as much. When in fact they probably don't do that at all to begin with and sacrifice a lot just to be part of this sport. Maybe they need this sport to get their minds off life in general.

You know nothing about me, what I shoot, my gun cart, my finical situation, or my physical condition, yet you personally attack me, apparently because I'm a life member. I worked a part time job, and skipped a lot of lunches, to get that membership and won't apologize for it. As for what your SASS membership provides you for fees you pay, if you can't figure that out for yourself, then review some of the previous posts on the various pinned subjects.

Well look at some of yours.

I never belittled anyone, show me one!! C'mon …show me one!

What's worse than the price going up is this thread, doesn't any one have tolerance for another's opinion? If you wouldn't say it to another's face don't say it hear.

When I joined I dint know about "big" shoots or any other "benefits". I just wanted to belong!!!

+1

Nawlins

You know nothing about me, what I shoot, my gun cart, my finical situation, or my physical condition, yet you personally attack me, apparently because I'm a life member. I worked a part time job, and skipped a lot of lunches, to get that membership and won't apologize for it. As for what your SASS membership provides you for fees you pay, if you can't figure that out for yourself, then review some of the previous posts on the various pinned subjects.

You're exactly right, I don't know you. You do prove my point that people work hard and make sacrifices. I read where someone paid $300 for a life membership, that was a deal right there. Now with them selling for $800 I would need a part time job to cover that expense. The fact is that SASS has their money and can't get anything else from a life member unless it is donated.

What kind of predicament would SASS be in if everyone was a life member? They would start hitting clubs harder for which some are so small that I'm not even sure they would survive.

What's worse than the price going up is this thread, doesn't any one have tolerance for another's opinion? If you wouldn't say it to another's face don't say it hear.

+1,000,000

+ 10000000

Archived