SASS Wire Forum

Non-SASS, CW Question

Sagerider

Anyone using a Sneaky Pete Holster for carry? Good and not-so-good, whatever you have and thanks for your thoughts. Sagerider

Anyone using a Sneaky Pete Holster for carry? Good and not-so-good, whatever you have and thanks for your thoughts. Sagerider

I've got a few of their magazine protectors, and they seem like a good way to keep a mag clean whilst residing in a pants pocket,

but they are snug. If you're relying on that mag for a fast reload you've a problem. I'm probably going to stop using them to carry,

but will keep a spare mag in the glove box using them.

The pistol cases look interesting, but not as good as a holster, especially if you also carry a cell phone and take it out!

SC

Sagerider,

A friend of mine got a Sneaky Pete about the time he switched from a Ruger LCR to a S&W Shield so I am not sure which one he purchased it for, but his only comment when I asked about it was "It is big".

I know it is not a lot of help but it was enough to put me off of them. Even the larger phones are much thinner than most thin single stack guns. So I figured it just would not adequately disguise a gun.

Having said that I am still amazed how the general public does not give a second glance to anyone around them.

Good luck with your quest,

Smoke

I think it depends on the size of the gun. I have one for a Diamond Back .380. It serves the purpose. It came w/the gun. Looks good, carry's good when a big gun is not appropriate. Better a .380 than none. I have carried a Glock .27 in a fanny pack for 15 years. Also screams gun. On advice of co-workers have just ordered Alien Gear IWB for the Glock to try. Should be here this week. DSH

Archived