SASS Wire Forum

First Time Snowbird

Any suggestions for campground for a month or so starting after Christmas. 34' Class A, must allow dogs. One is a Doberman. Thought I had a good one in Kerrville, Tx, but won't allow my Dobe. I'm pretty much open, to Tx or Az or other suggestion. Keep hearing Fl is too humid. SASS club would be nice, but I don't think I can bring my reloading set up.

Just one other minor question, since I'm from Wisconsin. How prevalent are poisonous critters? I put my dogs out in exercise pens. . Also, I would like conceal Carry Reciprocity with my Wisconsin or Utah ccl permits.

Poisonous critters are not too active winter especially in locations that get near freezing at night. These critters hibernate. There are several locations in Arizona that would meet your needs. You might be able to get tickets to see Green Bay play the Cardinals if football is your thing.

East to south of Dallas would be a good home base. You can shoot at a different club every weekend all year round with a 1 to 2 hour drive depending on where your base camp is. If you are interested I can PM you more detailed information of the clubs and which weekends they shoot. Sorry I can't help with the RV parks, the wife and I quit pulling a trailer when we moved to TX.

Winters are typically mild but we do occasionally get a little ice and snow. Usually is gone by the next day.

Capt Baylor and others reload on the road a lot. Not as hard as you might think if you do a little planning up front. Here is a to his website for both CAS and his Gypsy Cowboy journal

You might send Capt Baylor a PM as he has been full time RVing for a while and may be able to give you some great pointers.

I am looking for the same information. I just bought a travel trailer and want to spend the winter in the Dallas area.looking for a nice RV park to spend the winter in. And do a bunch of shooting on the weekends.

it's not humid in FL during the winter months....

Archived