SASS Wire Forum

A call to Arms

Fox news is reporting that the top cop in Detroit is calling for private citizens to arm themselves.

Not sure how that will all work out, but I am hoping for a good resolution to their problems.

That poor city has had more than it's share of problems. Most are self made however.

I can think of a few other cities that probably need to do the same thing.

I can't imagine where...unless maybe several hundred miles to the west-southwest! South Shore, where I grew up until I finished 6th grade was a nice, quiet place...(unless you count the guy that lived in the house across the alley behind us, who was blown off his front porch one night when we weren't home. But then, the Mob only bothered their own, not civilians!) Nowadays it's a freefire zone! :o:o:o

Many of the private citizens are already armed, unfortunately most are armed illegally! I hope the law abiding arm themselves too!

Second Militia Act of 1792

Most all men were required to sign up and serve in local militias,

These men were required keep a muzzleloader in their home with enough powder, ball or shot, and flints to fight a skirmish.

The goal was to repel an attack from an outside force (likely Brit, France or German) or from an inside force (indians or criminals, like those opposed in the Whiskey rebellion and a number of other segregationists being noisy at the time).

History does repeat and repeat and repeat....

I'm not too good at posting links, but Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee Wi. Has been quoted many times saying everyone should have training with a gun and a permit, so you can defend yourself before 911 responders get to you.

Archived