SASS Wire Forum

New dropped ammo rule clarification?

Cherokee Sam

NO.

...but deletion of the MSV penalty for retrieving dropped/ejected ammo is on the agenda ballot (again) for the TG Summit.

Your Territorial Governor should have this information to present to the club.

VOTE YES...and vote often!

..............but Palewolf if the deletion of the MSV penalty passes it will make my favorite example and the use of the "Lazarus" rule a moot point.

Shooter jacks a round out of his rifle, catches it in mid air, loads it back into the rifle, fires it and hits the target.

Correct call is MSV with no miss.

<_<

NO.

...but deletion of the MSV penalty for retrieving dropped/ejected ammo is on the agenda ballot (again) for the TG Summit.

+1,000,000

+1,000,000

+2,000,000 to infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO.

You must be speakin' to the Illinois Cowboys😜

It would be nice to see that silly rule go away

Regards,

Ringer

Why folks wouldn't vote YES on this is...beyond my comprehension.

I guess that they feel the Wild Bunch shooters are more evolved. ;)

But seriously, it does begin to pose a problem if you shoot Wild Bunch and Cowboy. You get used to reaching for dropped things and then forget what game you are playing.

We almost had it on the last vote, so if your club is on the edge help to lobby for the abolition of this needless rule. Please?

NO.

YES, again!

...fer whut its worth; agree that this current rule could and should go the way of the great carrier pigeon... ...gone!

Personally, I usually find it faster and more convenient to go to my body for ammo. I also don't pick up anything dropped in Wild Bunch for the reasons listed by Goody and I still think it's faster and convenient to go to my body.

Personally, I usually find it faster and more convenient to go to my body for ammo. I also don't pick up anything dropped in Wild Bunch for the reasons listed by Goody and I still think it's faster and convenient to go to my body.

If the round hits the ground it is always easier to go to the body.

Where I get frustrated is if I clear a jam on a prop like a table. Every round that falls out of the action is dead even though it is only inches from the gun.

Yeah if this rule changes, I don't think you're going to see people crawling on the ground. What you will see is people picking them up safely off the table in front of them.

Yeah if this rule changes, I don't think you're going to see people crawling on the ground. What you will see is people picking them up safely off the table in front of them.

Exactly...but let's NOT restrict and penalize ANY "retrieval" provided the shooter can do so SAFELY.

The rule change would ALLOW such retrieval, but certainly would not REQUIRE it (as some seem to believe).

We need to get rid of this preemptive rule completely, without any remnants regarding "from the ground".

One additional point that was mentioned at the EoT TG meeting is that, under current rule, a shooter may "stage" ammo ON THE GROUND! :o for later retrieval (e.g. if there is no prop handy upon which to set the ammo).

...but if dropped or ejected round(s) happen to land in that same place (or any other, more handy location), they are subject to a MSV for retrieval.

NO.

Exactly...but let's NOT restrict and penalize ANY "retrieval" provided the shooter can do so SAFELY.

The rule change would ALLOW such retrieval, but certainly would not REQUIRE it (as some seem to believe).

We need to get rid of this preemptive rule completely, without any remnants regarding "from the ground".

One additional point that was mentioned at the EoT TG meeting is that, under current rule, a shooter may "stage" ammo ON THE GROUND! :o for later retrieval (e.g. if there is no prop handy upon which to set the ammo).

...but if dropped or ejected round(s) happen to land in that same place (or any other, more handy location), they are subject to a MSV for retrieval.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000

It's time to say goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nawlins

Hi Ramrod,

It only missed passing by 6 votes. I think that is hopeful.

Regards,

AM

No, that just means there's at least 6 clubs with shooters that can't remember their start positions... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Less than before, but still 6 too many! :P

Archived