SASS Wire Forum

Lunch, Total Time and Rank Point Matches

Hud McCoy

Okay folks, especially all of you history buffs. Do any of you know if the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral stopped for lunch and was the gunfight a total time or rank point gunfight?

I know.

There was no lunch break during the fracus, although there were a few 'hot dogs' present.

Wyatt and his crew won on Total Time because they were able to get their shots off faster and on target.

The Clanton crew probably won on Rank points because some of them probably messed in their britches after being shot up so bad.

..........Widder

Wasn't called lunch it was called vittles and it was just one rank point stage.

The fight was at 3:00 pm. Lunch was over.

Now that is funny.

I know.

There was no lunch break during the fracus, although there were a few 'hot dogs' present.

Wyatt and his crew won on Total Time because they were able to get their shots off faster and on target.Ha Wilder that was clever.

The Clanton crew probably won on Rank points because some of them probably messed in their britches after being shot up so bad.

..........Widder

with all that smoke no wonder not all were weren't kilt on the spot!!,,, no one had time to eat,,,, only breathe all that smoke,,, no one shot clean,, of course not, it was bp... no one won on rank points,,,,it never has been settled who started it....

I think it was more like Western 3 Gun than Sass. As Doc Holiday once said, "by all means, move"! Can't do that in SASS!

Okay folks, especially all of you history buffs. Do any of you know if the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral stopped for lunch and was the gunfight a total time or rank point gunfight?

I don't know about that but they all had gun carts made of wood.

Let's see 50-60 shots fired, about 8-10 hits, sounds like one of my matches.

And betcha they were all drunk, hung over or at least had a few belts of whiskey before it started. Ahh the good old days!!

Archived