SASS Wire Forum

My PC thot for today!

Anyone else notice that the shelves for herbicides at your local big box hardware store now have a Bayer label? These are the same guys that make baby aspirin.

What is the relationship between these two product lines?

When the weeds can attain a "green card" and be productive, nutrient giving, non-parasitic part of the lawn...........then welcome to the lawn. If not then, go back to the neighborhood that you have turned into dirt and tumbleweeds.

then those weeds are called 'Flowers"... I like flowers.... sometimes they act as a fence, for instance Marigolds have so much pollen and such that rabbits stay away from them... and out of the veggies

Here I thought he was making his point through allegory.

He did quite well.

What you are witnessing is topical drift.

Anyone else notice that the shelves for herbicides at your local big box hardware store now have a Bayer label? These are the same guys that make baby aspirin.

What is the relationship between these two product lines?

They also make the GMO corn that is killing our honey bees.

Explain to me how a crop can be grown that is toxoc to insects but "has no effect" on humans?

High Yield Killzall from Ace Hardware.

Does a good job and doesn't cost what some better known brands do. About $45.00 a gallon. Warter resistant after two hours, per safe after 4 hours. Gallon does about a half acre. 2.5 oz to a gallon.

Two more days and I'll have my plot done.

He did quite well.

What you are witnessing is topical drift.

Is that like continental drift? Or is it more like Fast and Furious style drift?

Diversionary misdirection! I thank all of you!!

One thing to remember, ignore weeds, and soon they will take over and control your lawn. Many lawns are now in the hands of weeds and overgrowth is spreading to adjoining lawns. Some even are in denial, thinking they do good. Just remember, its harder to get your lawn back in shape by ignoring their growth and expansions. Especially if you think they will stay in your neighbors yards. MT

And we all know how well fences do in keeping out weeds from adjoining yards....even the tall ones built to gubmint specs.

Kajun

A "Weed" can also be any plant growing were not wanted or undesirable. When I first Leased a long term contract on some land that had been neglected for decades. There were wild trees, Willows, and Elms that had to be cut down, and in some cases, we dynamited the stumps out. Those trees would not have been welcomed in our first years crop of Winter Wheat. So to Farmers, weeds aren't only what's in the lawn, but also in the fields.

MT

Yep...a rose in the wrong place is just another weed with thorns.

On the other hand, a lot of what are usually considered weeds can feed us pretty well if we know how to use them. Yarrow, thistle, dandelions, cattails, mallow, queen ann's lace, purslane, to name just a few that can fairly easily provide food.

I just had to attack my gravel driveway today,,,,,,had been trying to tell myself to let the weeds and such go there,,,,, but but they just weren't supposed to be there,,,,, I had to spray thim!!!!! they were taking over!

and no, this one is not an analogy....

WTH. If it's green, it's welcome. -- GIT

Amen, Brother Picker!

Diversionary misdirection! I thank all of you!!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Robert Frost? kR

Yes, a favorite. The particular portion I quoted is a favorite of cross country and trail runners I know. It is even on the back of a couple of cross-country meet tee shirts at our house.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

BY ROBERT FROST

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.