SASS Wire Forum

Be Still My Heart! A Victory in CA!

Subdeacon Joe

https://ad67.assemblygop.com/press-release/8647

Melendez Bill Preventing Unfair Gun Seizure Signed Into Law
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Sam Spencer (916) 319-2067

SACRAMENTO – Assemblywoman Melissa A. Melendez, R-Lake Elsinore, announced today her legislation, that defends the rights of gun owners, was signed into law by Governor Brown.

“Today, we witnessed a rare victory for gun owners across California,” said Melendez. “By allowing a trustworthy alternative for gun owners to maintain possession of their firearms, we are preventing any unjustified gun grab against those who may be unfairly targeted by bogus allegations.”

Current law requires a person subject to a gun violence restraining order to either sell their firearms or surrender them to law enforcement. Assembly Bill 950 will allow gun owners to transfer ownership of their firearms to a federally licensed firearms dealer to hold for the duration of a gun violence restraining order. This will allow individuals to painlessly maintain ownership of their firearms after the order has expired.

“I am honored bipartisanship prevailed and my colleagues, the Governor, and I were all able to agree on the importance of protecting the Second Amendment,” Melendez said.

Assembly Bill 950 will take effect January 1, 2016.

Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez represents the 67th Assembly District, which includes the communities of Lake Elsinore, Canyon Lake, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar and a portion of Hemet. It also includes the Riverside County unincorporated areas of Lake Mathews, Good Hope, Nuevo, and Winchester. Follow her on Twitter: @asmMelendez

- See more at: https://ad67.assemblygop.com/press-release/8647#sthash.rqrhzjou.dpuf

Melendez Bill Preventing Unfair Gun Seizure Signed Into Law
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Sam Spencer (916) 319-2067

SACRAMENTO – Assemblywoman Melissa A. Melendez, R-Lake Elsinore, announced today her legislation, that defends the rights of gun owners, was signed into law by Governor Brown.

“Today, we witnessed a rare victory for gun owners across California,” said Melendez. “By allowing a trustworthy alternative for gun owners to maintain possession of their firearms, we are preventing any unjustified gun grab against those who may be unfairly targeted by bogus allegations.”

Current law requires a person subject to a gun violence restraining order to either sell their firearms or surrender them to law enforcement. Assembly Bill 950 will allow gun owners to transfer ownership of their firearms to a federally licensed firearms dealer to hold for the duration of a gun violence restraining order. This will allow individuals to painlessly maintain ownership of their firearms after the order has expired.

“I am honored bipartisanship prevailed and my colleagues, the Governor, and I were all able to agree on the importance of protecting the Second Amendment,” Melendez said.

Assembly Bill 950 will take effect January 1, 2016.

Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez represents the 67th Assembly District, which includes the communities of Lake Elsinore, Canyon Lake, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar and a portion of Hemet. It also includes the Riverside County unincorporated areas of Lake Mathews, Good Hope, Nuevo, and Winchester. Follow her on Twitter: @asmMelendez

- See more at: https://ad67.assemblygop.com/press-release/8647#sthash.rqrhzjou.dpuf

• 2 months later...

Joe-you left out the real meat of that law, little phrases like",under special circumstances', or "if certain conditions are met", I hope administrators forgive this comment, he does this too often.

Archived