SASS Wire Forum

Hateful Eight

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

+1. Last week I went to see a truly strange western starring Kurt Russel. Not widely released but has gotten good reviews. It's called Bone Tomahawk.

Watched it last week Sony video unlimited, very strange more of a slasher movie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I' was A big QT fan👍🏼 love about everything he did, except when he opened his mouth about cops and guns👎

I'm DONE with Tarantino.

I thought we had this conversation over a week ago. How quick we are to jump on the bandwagon (or put on the harness and pull it!).

Tarantino's string ran out some time ago....the spawn of his limited talent is like recycled, week-old pizza...no one wants it any more. That, coupled with his arrogant, elitist comments regarding police (and, by implication, mainstream America), insults us all and places him at, or near the top, of the "10 Most Unwanted" list.....MY list, anyway. No, I'm not watching any of his films. His empty apologies would mean zero. If he apologized by hacking off one of his own fingers, then maybe his apology could be taken seriously. That's what it would take, but he's shown his stripes over time, and obviously he won't be doing that. I'd like to see a SASS/CAS boycott of his movies.

Cat, I fear a SASS size boycott would not create a bump on the charts so it may not mean anything to tarantula BUT if it means something to me that will do just fine. Figuring the ticket, popcorn and soda, I can cut him and his cronies out of about $25 or $30 and that is enough to satisfy me.

Cat, I fear a SASS size boycott would not create a bump on the charts so it may not mean anything to tarantula BUT if it means something to me that will do just fine. Figuring the ticket, popcorn and soda, I can cut him and his cronies out of about $25 or $30 and that is enough to satisfy me.

SASS along with law enforcement and all the others conservative media is bringing in, may turn out to have a big impact on the film.

CB

Oh, any attempt to boycott this guy is probably a waste of effort and won't ptoduce a ripple on the pond's surface. I think he's already damaged himself beyond recovery.

Just expressing my frustration with this guy, who I'm just writing off.

You expect people like this to mature, learn and grow into their work. Instead, like all too many of these Hollywood types, they have limited talent to begin with, which is okay. But, rather than learning and improving their craft, they spend their their time, effort and opportunities on trivial, wasteful, endeavors, with a parasitic entourage, alienating their professional contacts and their commercial fan base. Tarantino is done; he just doesn't know it yet.

I was surprised by all of this, so I started with Google to learn more about this. He took part in a prtotest and made a comment about some specific cases, but I have found nothing to indicate that he ever said that all LEOs are murderers or that he hates LEOs in general. This is all starting to sound like an AOL chain-email. Can anyone show me a quote where he labels ALL LEOs as murderers or that we should hate LEOs in general?

I was surprised by all of this, so I started with Google to learn more about this. He took part in a prtotest and made a comment about some specific cases, but I have found nothing to indicate that he ever said that all LEOs are murderers or that he hates LEOs in general. This is all starting to sound like an AOL chain-email. Can anyone show me a quote where he labels ALL LEOs as murderers or that we should hate LEOs in general?

Howdy John Henry, In followup interviews he is very quick to say that he is not saying all LEOs are murderers. The problem is that in the context of his statements it appears he is indicating that it is a very large number which I believe is not true, disrespectful and unappreciative of the hard work LEOs do on our behalf. He is definitely entitled to his opinion but fortunately I am entitled to mine. I have found this all very unfortunate as I like his movies and originally had hoped this one would be a blockbuster to help create more interest in cowboy movies. Oh well....

CB

Archived