SASS Wire Forum

HYPOTHETICAL "WHATS THE CALL"

Hoss

Guns in carts don't count! I've seen a few shooters carry guns in a wagon horizontally, they sweep everyone. Also saw a golf cart type contraption with the guns in a rack on the back.

Driver hopped in and took off, guns weren't secured, they all fell out with a heck of a clatter. Muzzles every which way. No Call. (and yes, I've had a gun fall out of my rugged gear cart)

What about the shooters waiting at the loading table that get tired of holding their long guns and rest then on their toes, muzzles up, pointed right at their face (and yes, I've done it)

I'm not advocating that we call more SDQ penalties, I'm just pointing out some inconstancies in the rules. I certainly don't want or know how to fix them!

If a gun is not in Someone's Hands then Someone Couldn't have swept anybody. The trick is when you go to pull the gun from a wagon or muzzle down cart that You don't sweep anyone.

And yes it has been an understanding for as long as I've been shooting this game its ok to sweep yourself.

If a gun is not in Someone's Hands then Someone Couldn't have swept anybody. The trick is when you go to pull the gun from a wagon or muzzle down cart that You don't sweep anyone.

And yes it has been an understanding for as long as I've been shooting this game its ok to sweep yourself.

Hi Most Wanted. Congrats on Two Gun's win!

In this case I have to respectfully disagree with you. If you drop a gun and it sweeps someone, you've swept them, whether it swept them while in your hands, on the way down, or when it comes to rest.

Hi Most Wanted. Congrats on Two Gun's win!

In this case I have to respectfully disagree with you. If you drop a gun and it sweeps someone, you've swept them, whether it swept them while in your hands, on the way down, or when it comes to rest.

This is true , but I was responding to the cart issue. So yes if I lose control its my responsibility up to and including how it comes to rest. Thanks

What about a loaded gun in the cart. Whats the call, if any? loaded gun. live ammo, unfired. not "bad" or "squib" ammo. ammo ready to be shot.

rifle chamber loaded lever closed?

rifle magazine loaded lever closed?

pistol with 5 rounds loaded but none under the hammer?

pistol with 5 rounds loaded and one under the hammer?

how about a shotgun with shells in it, closed and in the cart?

What about a loaded gun in the cart. Whats the call, if any? loaded gun. live ammo, unfired. not "bad" or "squib" ammo. ammo ready to be shot.

rifle chamber loaded lever closed?

rifle magazine loaded lever closed?

pistol with 5 rounds loaded but none under the hammer?

pistol with 5 rounds loaded and one under the hammer?

how about a shotgun with shells in it, closed and in the cart?

take a deep breath and relax......

If it's before any shooting starts the ammo would probably be covered by range rules as most are cold and the closed guns would be covered by SASS rules. If it's in the middle of the shooting day the SASS rules would also regulate the ammo being left in the gun for not following loading and unloading procedures. Right?

You know...some of these posts got me thinkin...

I mean...my gawd...the dangers!

Thought crossed my mind...what if a guy high on Meth...throwing monkey poo at everyone...singing Michael Jackson's song "Beat It"...had a FULL CHARGED DEATH RAY GUN in his cart...I mean...talk about scary dangerous...oh, and the Safety is OFF!!!!!

Phantom

Thought crossed my mind...what if a guy high on Meth...throwing monkey poo at everyone...singing Michael Jackson's song "Beat It"...had a FULL CHARGED DEATH RAY GUN in his cart...I mean...talk about scary dangerous...oh, and the Safety is OFF!!!!!

Phantom

It could be worse.

He/she could be singing Michael Bolton's "How am I supposed to live without you."

Phantom

It could be worse.

He/she could be singing Michael Bolton's "How am I supposed to live without you."

Ah, but what if it were Michael Jackson come back from the dead flinging his own monkey's poo singing "It's Easy as ABC" whilst holding copies of the SHB, RO1 and RO2 manual with all of the applicable rules covering this possibility highlighted. I mean really, this is a "Hypothetical" WTC thread....right? ;)

Kajun

Once again, for the record, I do not want to penalize anybody! Or even fling poo. And certainly don't want to be around a monkey!

I guess since we don't get any time off for long cold winters down here, therefor looking for something to talk about, the only excuse I have is the 107 heat has gotten to me and turned my mind to mush. fortunately, I was wearing full cowboy gear...

If you Moonwalk to Billie Jean, while carrying a fully loaded rifle, are you going uprange or downrange? Is a sequined glove allowed while shooting, as long as you moonwalk?

Cody, you owe me a keyboard. I just spewed tea all over mine!

Archived