SASS Wire Forum

.32 S&W Long

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

I know that S&W, Colt, and probably others at one time or another chambered "full size," (whatever that means) double action revolvers in .32 S&W Long caliber, but did they, or anyone, ever chamber a full size (not a pocket pistol) single action revolver in the caliber?

I ask more out of curiosity than anything else.

Howdy HK

Colt chambered the SAA for the puny 32 S&W round, but for some reason did not chamber it for 32 S&W Long. Likewise S&W chambered the New Model Number Three for 32 S&W, but not 32 S&W Long. Go figure.

Howdy HK

Colt chambered the SAA for the puny 32 S&W round, but for some reason did not chamber it for 32 S&W Long. Likewise S&W chambered the New Model Number Three for 32 S&W, but not 32 S&W Long. Go figure.

That is interesting. Especially the New Model 3, since there was also the .32-44 chambering. Seems logical to me that the Long would have made it into their own gun.

Oh well.

Interesting question. I could not find any single-action revolvers mentioned in my limited book collection in .32 S&W Long.

There were Colt SAA and Bisley in .32WCF (aka .32-20).

There wee several in .32 Rimfire.

There are a number of Glisenti, LeFuax and Belgian wheel guns in 8mm and .32 pinfire.

Archived