SASS Wire Forum

I'm convinced.... we have TWO entirely different SASS groups!

Deadeye George

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the title "------------we have TWO entirely different SASS groups" and now 4 pages, I believe there are. Seeing over my time in shooting CAS, less and less interest in the clothing/costuming, and more into just the shooting aspect. I also see it more in the higher badge numbers. Instead of rolling sleeves up, I see more shooters wearing T shirts. Instead of lighter pants,they wear shorts, and yes even seen Tennis shoes worn. Even caught a few with baseball type caps. Clubs say they're allowing it, so as not to lose members? Shooting the firearms is drawing shooters to our game, but seems the dress is not what many want to be a part of. Is this what we really want, just shooters? Or do we want to have the game as originally conceived, with costuming/western clothing being a part equal to the firearms? With new technology in lighter weight clothing, and as some have posted, I see no reason not to dress correctly. Exception, maybe a special that some clubs have and put on.

Without the western or costuming part of our game/sport, its just another shooting event at the range, no longer CAS, but maybe just SAS, (Single Action Shooting). Many of the Top, and best shooters I know, take pride in their clothing, and many wear chaps during the hottest of the year months.

So do you feel silly dressing in Cowboy outfits? MT

I'm speaking for myself, and only what I feel I am reading from these posts, and what I'm seeing at some monthlies.

Gee, I thousht it was hot and humid in Texas, but from the posts here it appears that MO is even worse.

Not normally. Normally, as any Texan will tell you, Texas has the best and worst of everything, but this year we in Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas have been suffering unusually high humidity. We just aren't used to the wet heat yet.

We had our "Hawaiian theme" match last weekend. I ended up going with normal match pants, but opted for a "cowgirl pinup" I found on eBay last year.

VhNGTSI.jpg

Marshall Troop, at the clubs I attend, I haven't encountered any regular shooting in anything other than a standard cowboy costume when the hot weather rules haven't been invoked by the Match Director. The people most likely to take advantage of the relaxed rules are the more experienced (older) shooters.

Archived